Friday, October 2, 2015

Battle Report: TopatoCon Throwdown

Last Sunday I helped run demos at TopatoCon with CmdrRook.  Comrade Gorbash, whom I hadn't seen since PAX East 2013, showed up with his gear so we decided to have a game.  This is what happened.  :-)

Me (4 Frames & 16 Systems) = (7 Points per Asset) * (6 assets) = 42 points.
Yellow Strider (2Rh+d8/1B/1G+d8/2W)
Green Strider (2Rd+d8/1B/1G/2W)
Blue Strider (2Ra+d8/1B/1G/2W)
Red Scrambler (2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W)

CmdrRook (5 Frames & 20 Systems) = (3 Points per Asset) * (6 assets) = 18 points.

Comrade Gorbash (5 Frames & 20 Systems) = (3 Points per Asset) * (6 assets) = 18 points.

This is how the table looked at the start of the game.









Events of Turn 1 (DDC@11):  I capture the Minigun Station CmdrRook placed beside my frame.  I capture Comrade Gorbash's Tall Station.  I also hit one of his Melee frames for five damage.  He hits my Yellow Strider for four damage in return.  CmdrRook destroys my Blue Strider, seizes his Staion back and captures one of mine.  I destroy the Melee frame of Comrade Gorbash that I damaged earlier.  CmdrRook destroys my Yellow Strider, then captures the Tall Station I had seized from Comrade Gorbash.


CmdrRook: 27 points.
Me: 21 points.
Comrade Gorbash: 15 points.




Events of Turn 2 (DDC@9): CmdrRook captures my second Station.



CmdrRook: 30 points.
Comrade Gorbash: 15 points.
Me: 14 points.





Events of Turn 3 (DDC@6): I capture CmdrRook's Drone Launcher Station.



CmdrRook: 27 points.
Me: 21 points.
Comrade Gorbash: 15 points.




Events of Turn 4 (DDC@4): Comrade Gorbash destroys two CmdrRook's Soldier frames and recaptures his Tall Station.


Me: 21 points.
CmdrRook: 18 points.
Comrade Gorbash: 18 points.






Events of Turn 5 (DDC@1): I capture Comrade Gorbash's Flat Station after he does the Station Dance to keep one of his Frames alive.  CmdrRook destroys my Green Strider then recaptures the Drone Launcher Station it was holding.  After that he destroys one of Comrade Gorbash's Melee frames.  In retaliation Comrade Gorbash destroys CmdrRook's Scrambler.  The Doomsday Clock is then ticked down to 0.


CmdrRook: 18 points.
Me: 14 points.
Comrade Gorbash: 12 points.




Thoughts & Observations:
  • The Primary Attacker position was decided with a die roll.
  • Once again we have a game with mixed scale Frame designs.
  • We did not use Single Shot Rockets.
  • I played a little too aggressively.
  • I also tried the "Forget About Me" strategy from PAX East 2015.
  • CmdrRook's decision to place one of his Stations directly under my control at the start of the game was curious and maybe a little bit of genius.
  • I'll leave you with a picture of the first Activation roll of the game for my Red Scrambler.

No comments:

Post a Comment