Thursday, January 21, 2016

Battle Report: The Anatomy of Another Demo Game

My friend Rusty Panama couldn't make the game again last Sunday so I visited him last night and we ran through another demo game so he could stay familiar with the rules.

Me (2 Frames & 8 Systems) = (5 Points per Asset) * (3 assets) = 15 points.
   Archetype Soldier Yellow -- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W.
   Archetype Soldier Green -- 
2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W.
Rusty Panama (2 Frames & 8 Systems) = (5 Points per Asset) * (3 assets) = 15 points.
   Chub #1 -- 2Rd+d8/2Rh/1B/2W.
   Chub #2 -- 2Ra+d8/2B/2W.


This is what the table looked like at the start of the game.  My forces are on the right side of the board.










Events of Turn 1 (DDC@7):  Both of us jockey for position, and a few attacks are launched but nothing lands.


Rusty: 15 points.
Me: 15 points.





Events of Turn 2 (DDC@6): Rusty's Chub #1 rushes forward and seizes the center Station.  My Green Archetype hits it for 1 damage.


Rusty: 20 points.
Me: 15 points.






Events of Turn 3 (DDC@4): My Yellow Archetype hits Rusty's Chub #1 for 1 damage.


Rusty: 20 points.
Me: 15 points.






Events of Turn 4 (DDC@2): My Yellow Archetype hits Rusty's Chub #1 for 1 damage and then moves towards Rusty's Station.  Rusty's Chub #2 hits my Green Archetype for 1 damage.  In a bid to win the game, my Green Archetype hits Rusty's Chub #1 for 2 damage.  The Doomsday Clock is ticked down to zero.


Rusty: 20 points.
Me: 15 points.








Here's a few pictures of Rusty's Chub #1, the Survivor.





Thoughts & Observations:
  • We added a Station each to add a bit more complexity to the game.
  • They never really came into play though.
  • We started the Doomsday Clock at 7 again to have a decent length game.
  • Rusty grabbed the Station first again, but managed to hold on this time.
  • Neither one of us loaded SSRs.
  • Rusty got his Chubs from MobileFra.me.
  • Rusty had a good time and finally got to experience how tense MFZ can get.
  • The game really did come down to the last activation and the last die roll of the game.
  • I needed to do three points of damage on that last damage roll to remove Chub #1 as I had enough movement to seize the station.

1 comment:

  1. Nice report. It helped me a lot to understand the mechanics.

    ReplyDelete