Friday, January 17, 2020

Battle Report: Alien Planet 2

This was the first meet up of 2020 for the group.  We originally had enough players for two games -- with a 3 and 4 player split -- but one person had to drop out due to work concerns.  We ended up keeping the two game split though.  There's no battle report for the second game as I've tried keeping track of two games at once and even with someone taking notes and me taking pictures, the battle report for the second game never comes out as well as the first.  The table-settings used in both games had been used in at least six months so I felt it was time to give them some love again.

Me (5 Frames & 19 Systems) = (7 Points per Asset) * (7 assets) = 49 points. (Goblins)
   Brown Armored Spotter -- 1B/1Gd8/2Y/2W + SSR.
   Lime Soldier -- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W + SSR.
   Blue Soldier -- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W + SSR.
   Yellow Recon by Fire -- 2Ra+d8/2Y/2W.
   Red Brawler -- 2Rh+d8/2B/1Gd8/2W.

PJ_Nichts (6 Frames & 22 Systems) = (4 Points per Asset) * (8 assets) = 32 points.  (mecha)
   Lime Warrior -- 2Rh/1B/1G/1Y/2W + SSR.
   Green Warrior -- 2Rh/1B/1G/1Y/2W + SSR (x2). 
   Red Heavy Assault -- 2Rd+d8/1B/1G/2W.
   Orange Heavy Assault -- 2Rd+d8/1B/1G/2W.
   Blue Soldier -- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W.
   Yellow Spotter -- 1Gd8/2Y2W.

Tom (6 Frames & 24 Systems) = (3 Points per Asset) * (8 assets) = 24 points.  (Construction Crew)
   Red Hammer -- 2Rd/2B/1Y/2W.
   Purple Hammer -- 2Rd/2B/1Y/2W.
   Orange Light Brawler -- 2Rh/2B/1Gd8/2W + SSR.
   Yellow Light Brawler -- 
2Rh/2B/1Gd8/2W + SSR.
   White Light Brawler -- 2Rh/2B/1Gd8/2W + SSR.
   Robot (recon by fire) -- 2Ra+d8/2Y/2W.

This is what the table looked like at the start of the game.



Events of Turn 1 (DDC @ 11): My Yellow frame hits PJ Nicht's Yellow frame for 2 and the barrelbushes in front of it for 1.  My Red frame captures PJ Nicht's Station in the corner of the battlefield as PJ Nicht's Yellow frame jumps to his other Station on the side of the battlefield.  Tom's Robot hits PJ Nicht's Blue frame for 2.  My Red frame leaps from its starting point and clubs PJ Nicht's Yellow frame for 2, which does the Station Dance.  My Blue frame shuffles towards the center flowertree as Tom's Red frame hits it for 1.  Tom's White frame moves to the other side of a flowertree and hits PJ Nicht's Red frame for 1 with a SSR.  Tom's Orange frame does the same and also hits PJ Nicht's Red frame for 1 with a SSR.  PJ Nicht's Green frame recaptures his Station in the corner of the battlefield.  PJ Nicht's Orange frame hits my Red frame for 1.  My Lime frame moves up to the bladetrees and hits PJ Nicht's Blue frame for 4, which does the Station Dance leaving his Station on the side of the battlefield open for my Red frame to capture.

Me: 56 points.
PJ Nicht: 28 points.
Tom: 24 points.




Events of Turn 2 (DDC @ 8): Tom's Purple frame moves deeper into the battlefield and hits PJ Nicht's Red frame for 1 as it was acting as cover for PJ Nicht's Green frame.  My Red frame clubs PJ Nicht's Blue frame for 2, destroying it.  Tom's Orange frame saws my Blue frame for 2.  My Blue frame hits PJ Nicht's Red frame for 4, destroying it.  PJ Nicht's Green frame hits my Red frame for 2 with a SSR, it then does the Station Dance.  PJ Nicht's Yellow frame recaptures his Station.  Tom's White frame saws my Blue frame for 4, destroying it.  My Yellow frame moves closer to PJ Nicht's Station on the side of the battlefield then hits Tom's Orange frame for 3.

Me: 42 points.
PJ Nicht: 24 points.
Tom: 24 points.










Events of Turn 3 (DDC @ 6): My Red frame captures PJ Nicht's Station.  My Yellow frame hits Tom's Orange frame for 2.  My Lime frame hits PJ Nicht's Yellow frame for 4, destroying it.  My Yellow frame captures PJ Nicht's Station on the side of the battlefield.  PJ Nicht's Orange frame hits my Yellow frame for 2, which does the Station Dance.  PJ Nicht's Orange frame recaptures the Station on the side of the battlefield.  Tom's Yellow frame captures one of my Stations.  Tom's Purple frame hits my Brown frame for 2.

Me: 42 points.
Tom: 27 points.
PJ Nicht: 16 points.










Events of Turn 4 (DDC @ 3):  Tom's Yellow frame captures my second Station.  My Lime frame moves back to the bladetrees and hits Tom's White frame for 2.  Tom's White frame hits my Brown frame for 1.  Tom's Robot hits the wavegrass for 1 and my Brown frame for 2, destroying it.  My Yellow frame moves behind PJ Nicht's Station on the side of the battlefield and hits Tom's Orange for 1, which does the Station Dance.  PJ Nicht's Green frame closes in and claws my Red frame for 2, which does the Station dance.  PJ Nicht's Green frame recaptures his Station in the corner of the battlefield.  PJ Nicht's Orange frame hits my Red frame for 4, destroying it.

Tom: 30 points.
PJ Nicht: 20 points.
Me: 14 points.









Here are a few aftermath pictures.




The Robot





SSR Graveyard



Thoughts & Observations:
  • I tried to make a deal with PJ Nicht to get through the game but I went back on my word, so that didn't end well.
  • Honestly I should have made a deal with Tom and then carved up the board between us.
  • We had two new players at this meet up but they weren't in this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment