Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Build Journal: Quadcast

Another new part for 2020 is -- what I'm calling -- the Ninjago Bar Block.  It's an obvious starting piece for a quad mecha.  I first put it to use in the regular direction.  The problem with that is the projections surrounding the two studs on the top.  They prevent anything larger than a 1x1 Plate from attaching to those studs.  It's an annoyance but fairly easy to deal with.















Working forward from there, I built a standard centaur-type Frame.  The second method is inverted.  I attached a 2x2 Round Plate to the center and ran an Axle/Friction Pin through that.  The torso is attached via a 1x2 Technic Brick w/Hole.















Size comparisons to my standard measuring sticks.










I have another idea I'm mulling over for using this part.  Hopefully it will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment