Monday, June 7, 2021

Review: 854065 Xtra Water Tape

I've had this sitting around for a while.  I only broke it open as I was looting it for one particular piece -- I have sung that song in the past.  :-)  


Roll.  I paid $8.99 for a $0.39 Price per Piece.













Instructions.







Parts.  Patterned Tape, Minifig Bucket, Log Bricks, Minifig Tool Box,
Flag, Round Plates, Bracket, Bar w/Stop, Paddle, Minifig Coffee Cup
(This would be great as a SSR or part of a missile box.) Frog, Fish,
Crab, Plant, Minifig Net, Plates, minifig Bucket Handle, and Flower Plate.


Build.  1 Hit piece of Cover.

The Questions:
Can you build something -- a frame, station, or starship -- right away?  No.  (-5)
Is it below, at, or above the golden ratio?  Above.  (-10)  
(The Golden Ratio is $0.10 per part.)
If you can't build a frame right away, or choose not to, does it have parts you should be able to put into use right away?  Yes.  (+5)
Does it have more than a handful of immediately useful parts?  No.  (-5)
Score: -15 (C).  This isn't really a fair review as I didn't get into the possible utility of the actual tape itself.  And I probably won't use it until I have some idea on how to implement it without wasting it as this is a discontinued item.  Hopefully some time in the future I'll be able to tell you it was worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment