Friday, January 5, 2024

Terrain Workshop: Trees 17

It's been a minute since I've talked about making trees for Mobile Frame Zero, so let's get back to it.  This build calls back to my designs from TW: Trees 6 -- again -- in the use of one particular part.


The first part that started off this build -- figuratively and literally -- is a 2x2 Round Brick 45 Deg. Elbow. This connects to the brick-built base with an Axle Pin w/o Friction Ridges then a 2L Notched Axle connects two 2x2 Round Plates, then a Round Plate w/Pinhole & 4 Bar Arms Up, topped off by a 2x2 Round Tile w/Hole, into which goes an inverted Flower Edge Round Plate (4 Knobs).  Four Round Plates w/Curved Upright Leaf aka "Ferns" are attached to the arms.  This gives us a 2 Hit, 19 feet tall, 20 feet from leaftip to leaftip, 5 feet thick tree in 6P scale.


The updated version, which I made a couple of days after I created the initial version, swaps out the 2x2 Round Tile w/Hole and inverted Flower Edge Round Plate (4 Knobs) for a 2x2 Round Tile w/Open Stud and a 1x1 Round Tile.  I feel like this version gives a little better "pop" of color.  It's also easier to expand from this point than the first version.  This is still a 2 Hit, 19 feet tall, 20 feet from leaftip to leaftip, 5 feet thick tree in 6P scale.


To expand the size of the tree and the amount of damage it can take I pop off the 1x1 Round Tile.  Then I add a 1x1 Round Plate, a Travis Brick, four more Ferns, then put the 1x1 Round Tile back on top of that.  This gives us a 3 Hit, 19 feet tall, 20 feet from leaftip to leaftip, 5 feet thick tree in 6P scale.


I hope I've given people ideas or techniques to use in their terrain builds.  Flickr page.

No comments:

Post a Comment