Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Review: 30663 Space Hoverbike Polybag

I went polybag hunting at the local Discovery Center after PAX East.  I managed to find a few that I didn't have so I'll be reviewing them for you this week.


Bag.  I paid $7.00 for a $.015 Price per Piece.  MSRP is $4.99, for a $0.11 Price per Piece.
Instructions.










Minifig.














Parts.  Plates, Hitch/Harness, Wedge Plate, Bracket, Slope, Bricks w/Axle
 Hole, Translucent Round Brick, Studless Slopes, Plates w/Door Rail,
 Jumpers, Rounded Plates, 3L Axle/Pins, Bushings, Cheese Graters,
 Inkwells, Translucent Round Plates, Printed Round Tiles, Translucent
Rock Crystal, Bricks w/Pinhole, and Translucent Round Tiles.
  

Build.  IO Frigate.

The Questions:
Can you build something -- a frame, station, or starship -- right away?  Yes.  (+5)
Is it below, at, or above the golden ratio?  Above.  (-10)  
(The Golden Ratio is $0.10 per part.)
If you can't build a frame right away, or choose not to, does it have parts you should be able to put into use right away?  Yes.  (+5)
Does it have more than a handful of immediately useful parts?  No.  (-5)
Score: -5 (B-).  I thought this might be good when I first saw it listed on Brickset but after looking at all the parts I'm not impressed.  This may be the cheapest way to get those Printed Battery Tiles though.

No comments:

Post a Comment