Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Clone Brick Dinosaurs

I picked up a few clone brick dinosaurs the other day.  This picture on AliExpress seems to be the closest thing I could find online.  For a while now I've had this idea for a table setting bouncing around my head, Dinosaur World.  Nothing but dinosaurs and trees for terrain.  Now, instead of trying to buy up a bunch of Jurassic World sets, I'm looking at these knock off individual dinosaur sets.

Boxes.  I paid $4.99 each for these.

Stickers.









Parts.

Assembled.




Size Comparison 1.  A Chub and a Classic for an idea of size.

Size Comparison 2.  A Lego Dilphosaur for comparison.


Head Comparison.  I figured this was worth a look.  The Lego Dilphosaur needs a Friction Pin for mounting.





I figured the best system for putting numbers on these sets is the one for non-Lego kits.

The Questions:
Is it below, at, or above $10 per Frame?  Below.  (+5)

Is it a good size to use in a game?  Yes.  The Stegosaurus is the size of a Classic and the Velociraptor is a little larger than a Chub.  (+5)
How many parts does it have to represent systems?  Four.  (+5)
Does it have enough parts you can remove to represent White Dice damage?  Yes for the Velociraptor, no for the Stegosaurus.  (+5/-5)
Score: +20 (A+), Velociraptor.  +10 (A-), Stegosaurus.  Good scores for both sets.  But then again, I was going to buy these regardless of the score.

No comments:

Post a Comment