Monday, July 31, 2017

Build Journal: Warstrider

One of the time honored traditions in the MFZ community is copying other people's Frame designs.  This allows you to field something you think is cool and possibly learn new techniques at the same time.


Another tradition in the community is copying ideas, concepts, and techniques from other builders and then combining them in new and interesting ways.  That's the idea behind this Frame from Xenovirus.  They're really cool looking and I've always wanted to take a crack at building one.




But another idea occurred to me somewhere along the line.  Somehow the idea for also using the torso from Mitten Ninja's Locust frame popped into my head.  I'd already built something using that core, so I'm not sure why I wanted another crack at it.  But I ran with it anyway.


That led me to this, what I'm calling the Warstrider.




Here's a size comparison picture so
you can get an idea of how big it is.




It's the combination of the idea of one person and the techniques from two more, continuing a community tradition.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment