Friday, February 26, 2021

Station-ary Target

Yes, I know I've used that pun before.  Someone asked about Stations on the Discord last Saturday.  Also a post four years ago on the old Hangar asked about instructions for Stations.  Which is something we don't really have.  So let's fix that.

First of all, Stations are meant to fit on a 4 Stud by 4 Stud Plate.  If you build something larger than that footprint, declare a part of that build that fits in the 4x4 footprint to be the Station.  For the last several years I've been building my stations on a 4x4 Round Plate to help set them apart from general scenery and Terrain.  I've also started color coding them so I know exactly which one has been taken when I'm reading my notes for a Battle Report after a game.

As to what you can build?  Anything.  Here's a look at all of the Stations I've created.  Stations can help convey the back story of the squad you've made.  What are the things your people think are worth fighting over?  Is it something they want, or is it something they need?  In a campaign, it is a representation of a resource you're fighting over?

Landshark Stations

 Sometimes I have a clear idea of what I want to build.
  I wanted to evoke
the "levitation effect" from the Landshark Frames in their Stations.



Comm Repeater Stations


 cool after I'm done.  I think I succeeded.  These could be good for a Free Colony unit fighting to maintain contact with the rest of the galaxy.


Sometimes each Station is the same.  I had picked up a lot of the
1x1 Brick w/Handle from the PaB Wall at my local Lego store.




Cyclops Stations


are heavily influenced by Jay Biquadrate's work.  




Ostrich Stations


Sometimes they are complex.  Something else to keep in mind is that  other people may interpret your builds differently than you.  I saw these as "Methane Monitoring Stations", a friend saw them as "Hi-Tech Fracking Stations".




Daemon Stations


Other times fairly simple.  Another way people may interpret Stations
 differently is thinking they're silly when you think they're cool.




While I can't provide instructions, I can provide pictures from multiple angles.

I hope this is helpful for people.

No comments:

Post a Comment