Friday, February 5, 2021

Cool Real World Locations 2

I know it's been a million years since I've done one of these but I recently came across something I thought was worth looking at.  It's an opportunity to talk more about terrain, which is one of my goals this year.   Also, it's a chance to get inspired by the real world and build something cool for our games.


The Coldstones Cut in North Yorkshire, England is a massive art installation that -- to me -- hearkens back to some of the discussions in the MFZ community about having a battlefield composed of underground passages.  Of course this is an aboveground location but it gives you the impression of cramped hallways and tight spaces.  You could also copy it outright.  Make the walls tall enough and it would add Elevation to the mix along with a neat looking visual.  There's a quarry right next to it that would also make for a cool battlefield as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment