Friday, February 8, 2019

Battle Report: Oasis @ Paper Asylum

We were invited back up to Paper Asylum this year.  I actually think we have a standing invitation at this point.  Only a few of the Usual Suspects managed to make it up.

Narbey (4 Frames & 16 Systems) = (7 Points per Asset) * (6 assets) = 42 points. (Skitterers)
   Yellow Recon by Fire-- 2Ra+d8/2Y/2W.
   Red Soldier -- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W + SSR.
   Orange Soldier -- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W + SSR.
   White Soldier -- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W + SSR.

Pete (5 Frames & 20 Systems) = (5 Points per Asset) * (7 assets) = 35 points.  (Pink Bunny Brigade)
    Red Soldier -- 2Rd//1B/1G/1Y/2W + SSR.
   
 Brown Soldier -- 2Rd//1B/1G/1Y/2W + SSR.
   Yellow Soldier -- 2Rd//1B/1G/1Y/2W + SSR.
   
 Blue Soldier -- 2Rd//1B/1G/1Y/2W.
    Green Soldier -- 2Rd//1B/1G/1Y/2W.

Me (7 Frames & 28 Systems) = (3 Points per Asset) * (9 assets) = 27 points. (Serpentus)
   Black Charger -- 2Rh/2Rd/1B/1G/2W + SSR.
   Red Charger -- 2Rh/2Rd/1B/1G/2W + SSR.
   White Charger -- 2Rh/2Rd/1B/1G/2W + SSR.
   Blue Charger-- 2Rh/2Rd/1B/1G/2W.
   Green Charger-- 2Rh/2Rd/1B/1G/2W.
   Orange Charger-- 2Rh/2Rd/1B/1G/2W.
   Yellow Charger-- 2Rh/2Rd/1B/1G/2W.
This is what the table looked like at the start of the game.










Events of Turn 1 (DDC @ 11): Pete's Yellow frame hits a Moai for 6, destroying it.  My Orange frame takes 1 Falling damage.  Pete's Red frame hits my Orange frame for 3.  Narbey's Orange frame hits my Red frame for 2.  My Red frame hits Narbey's Orange frame for 1 with a SSR.  Narbey's Yellow frame hits my Red frame for 3.  Pete's Brown frame hits my Blue frame for 3 and destroys the column it was hiding behind with 2.  My Blue frame moves closer to the oasis and hits Narbey's Red frame for 1.  Narbey's Red frame hits back for 1.  Narbey's White frame hits my Orange frame for 1 and the small trees it was hiding behind for 1.  My White frame hits Narbey's Red frame for 4 with a SSR.  My Black frame moves forward and hits Narbey's Red frame for 1 destroying it, and destroys the trees it was hiding behind with 1.

Narbey: 35 points.
Pete: 35 points.
Me: 27 points.






Events of Turn 2 (DDC @ 8): Pete's Red frame moves forward and hits my Blue frame for 2, destroying it.  Pete's Brown frame moves up to the abandoned temple and hits my Red frame for 3, destroying it.  My White frame moves up to the oasis and destroys the cover in front of Narbey's White frame with 1 damage.  My Yellow frame shifts cover and hits Narbey's White frame for 1.  My Green frame moves closer to the oasis and hits Narbey's White frame for 1.

Narbey: 35 points.
Pete: 35 points.
Me: 18 points.






Events of Turn 3 (DDC @ 5): Narbey's White frame hits my Black frame for 5.  My Yellow hits Narbey's White frame for 1 and moves closer to Narbey's second Station.  Pete's Blue frame moves around the abandoned temple and hits my Black for 5, destroying it.  Pete's Red frame moves up to the remains of the Moai and hits my White frame for 2.  Pete's Yellow frame moves closer to the oasis and hits Narbey's Orange frame for 4.

Narbey: 35 points.
Pete: 35 points.
Me: 15 points.






Events of Turn 4 (DDC @ 3): Narbey's White frame hits my White frame for 1.  Narbey's Yellow frame captures one of my Stations, then hits Pete's Orange frame for 1.  Pete's Yellow frame hits Narbey's White frame for 4, destroying it.  My White frame captures Narbey's main Station.  Pete's Yellow frame moves up beside Narbey's main Station.  Pete's Red frame hits my White frame for 3, destroying it.  Pete's Yellow frame captures Narbey's main Station.  My Yellow frame hits Narbey's Orange frame for 2, destroying it, and Pete's Yellow frame -- which was acting as cover -- for 1.  My Yellow frame then moves over and captures Narbey's second Station.  The Doomsday Clock is ticked to zero.

Pete: 40 points.
Narbey: 14 points.
Me: 12 points.













Here's a bunch of during/aftermath pictures.










Thoughts & Observations:
  • After the claustrophobia of six players in the last game, this one felt almost relaxed.
  • I made mistakes in placement during the Set-up phase.
  • I used the backup camera for pictures, so they're a little grainy.

1 comment: