Friday, September 27, 2019

Battle Report: Teslaville 4

This was supposed to be a five player game that ended up being a three player one.  I broke out the Teslaville setting so a player could try it for the first time but they ended up not being able to make it.

Stevenik (3 Frames & 12 Systems) = (7 Points per Asset) * (5 assets) = 35 points.
   Orange Artillerist -- 2Ra+d8/2B/2W + SSR.
   Green Watchtower -- 2B/1Gd8/2Y/2W + SSR.
   Beige Tank -- 2Rd+d8/2B/2W + SSR.

Me (4 Frames & 16 Systems) = (5 Points per Asset) * (6 assets) = 30 points. (Hunters)
   Red Hammer -- 2Rd/2B/1Y/2W + SSR.
   Green Hammer -- 2Rd/2B/1Y/2W.
   Blue Hammer -- 2Rd/2B/1Y/2W + SSR.
   Yellow Hammer -- 2Rd/2B/1Y/2W + SSR.

Tom (5 Frames & 19 Systems) = (3 Points per Asset) * (7 assets) = 21 points.
   Orange Recon by Fire -- 2Ra+d8/2Y/2W.
   Pink Recon by Fire -- 2Ra+d8/2Y/2W.
   White Brawler -- 2Rh+d8/2B/1Gd8/2W + SSR.
   Green Brawler -- 2Rh+d8/2B/1Gd8/2W + SSR.
   Brown Light Recon by Fire -- 2Ra/2Y/2W.

This is what the table looked like at the start of the game.










Events of Turn 1 (DDC @ 11): Tom's Pink frame hits my Blue frame for 4.  Tom's Orange frame hits my Red frame for 1.  My Red frame moves forward and hits Stevenik's Beige frame for 2.  Tom's Brown frame hits my Yellow frame for 2.  Stevenik's Orange frame hits my Blue frame for 4, destroying it.  Tom's Green frame moves behind a whirligig and hits Stevenik's Orange frame for 2 with a SSR.  Tom's White frame moves under the high portion of the train tracks hits Stevenik's Orange frame for 1.  My Green frame inches forward and hits Stevenik's Beige frame for 2.

Stevenik: 35 points.
Me: 25 points.
Tom: 21 points.




Events of Turn 2 (DDC @ 8): Stevenik's Beige frame skitters forward and captures my Red Station.  My Yellow frame moves closer to the train tracks, destroys a whirligig with 2 damage, and hits Tom's Green frame for 1 with a SSR.  Tom's Pink frame hits Stevenik's Orange frame for 3.  My Green frame moves down the edge of the battlefield and hits Stevenik's Orange frame for 2, destroying it.  Tom's Green frame moves away from the wreck of the whirligig and captures Stevenik's Red Station.

Stevenik: 28 points.
Tom: 24 points.
Me: 20 points.




Events of Turn 3 (DDC @ 6): Tom's Brown frame hits a short train trestle for 3, destroying it, and my Yellow frame for 1.  My Yellow frame sprints forward and hits Tom's Green frame for 4, it does the Station Dance, then my Yellow frame captures Stevenik's Red Station.  Tom's Green frame attacks my Yellow frame back for 2.  My Green frame turns back into the battlefield and hits Tom's Green frame for 1.  My Red frame moves under the high section of the train tracks and hits a tall train trestle for 2, destroying it.  Tom's Orange frame hits my Red frame for 2.  Tom's Pink frame hits my Green frame for 4.


Stevenik: 28 points.
Me: 25 points.
Tom: 21 points.


Events of Turn 4 (DDC @ 3):  Stevenik's Green frame hits Tom's White frame for 1.  Tom's White frame hits my Yellow frame for 4, destroying it, and seizes Stevenik's Red Station that was under my control.  My Red frame rolls closer to that Station and hits Tom's Green frame for 5, destroying it.  Tom's Brown frame hits the train tracks for 1 and Stevenik's Beige frame for 1.  Tom's Orange frame hits Stevenik's Beige frame for 3, destroying it.  Tom's Pink frame hits my Red frame for 1.  The Doomsday Clock is ticked to zero.


Tom: 21 points.
Stevenik: 21 points.
Me: 15 points.







Here are a couple aftermath pictures.




Thoughts & Observations:
  • Not sure I've got that much to say about this game.
  • Except it's interesting how fast three players who've known each other for several years can play.
  • We ended up calling this the "Game of the Excluded Middle".
  • We forgot to move the train!

No comments:

Post a Comment