Friday, January 15, 2021

Build Journal: Supercar

Since cars are a part of modern life, trying to make cool looking ones from Lego is something I think we all try our hands at from time to time.  Back in 2019 I made a bunch of cars for a table-setting and blogged about it.  The idea for this pinged around my head earlier in the week.


I started this build with the 2x4 Mudguard Plate w/Overhang.  I wanted to use the 2x4 Mudguard Plate w/Studded Arch behind it but I don't have any in Lime Green.  I went with the 2x4 Mudguard Plate w/Flared Wings instead, facing it backwards to make it look like air vents when looking at it from the front.  A Large Cheese Slope was placed on to the front to look like a spoiler, to draw the eye downward and trick you into thinking it's smaller than it really is.

Taking a look at the bottom, we see the Friction Pin used to keep the
Travis Bricks from rotating too much.  You can also see the Tile W/Bar
piece I was going to use as a tail.  It looked really goofy on top so I
 switched it around to the back giving the car a longer, sleeker look.




As you can see, it looks pretty decent in comparison to a Chub or a Classic.



But it breaks down when next to a Microfig.  For something
meant to be low to the ground, sleek, and sporty, it's taller
than the piece meant to represent an average sized human.





Basic lesson?  Microscale building can be difficult when trying to create tiny details.

No comments:

Post a Comment