Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Terrain Workshop: A New Beginning (Part 1/X)

I started today's blog post because I figured that people might be interested in a look at the creative process involved in creating a table-setting as it was unfolding.  Inspired by some of the pieces in my 71779 Lloyd's Dragon Power Spin review I started working on assembling terrain last week.


Here's what I started with.  Once again, I'm doing
a riff on my Pumping Tubes from the Ice 9 table-setting.  The colors, this time around, have a
more ominous feeling than Ice 9 does though.


After strip mining the new Mateo and 
Z-Blob the Robot set it changed to this.






 Feeling like that was a really good start, I went out
 and bought some cloth to act as a table covering.







Color comparison. 




 Moving back to assembling pieces,
 I put together a tube section in the
 same way I have before.  Unfortunately
 there's a slight difference in height.







After some brainstorming -- A.K.A. sorting and fiddling with parts -- I come
up with a solution.  This also saves me a bunch of Technic Bricks w/Axle
Hole to use elsewhere.  I'll still need to tweak the parts count though.


I have a few more ideas but I'll save that for the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment