Monday, October 30, 2023

Review: Hot Wheels Brick Rides 2

Shades Corvid brought these to my attention over on Discord.  The number in the title refers to the first of the numbers in the (#) of (#) on the side of the package rather than the iteration of the review.  This is not the first time Hot Wheels has crossed over with Mega Bloks.  They are owned by the same company after all.  One good thing about this release is it seems that each one has two different color palettes, which is bad for collectors but good for army builders.  Anyway.  I'll be doing these out of order as I track them down.  I'll also be using the non-building block rating system for these as I feel like that's the best fit.


Package. I paid $1.50 at Stop & Shop for these.





Disassembled.  Body, Windscreen, and Engine.  The Windscreen
piece could represent Defense or Spotting. The Engine
piece could represent Artillery, Movement or Spotting.



Assembled.  These models don't have an attachment point on the front.


Size Comparison.  These seem to have a similar volume to a Chub.

The Questions:
Is it below, at, or above $10 per Frame? Below. (+5)
Is it a good size to use in a game? Yes. About the same size as a Chub. (+5)
How many parts does it have to represent systems? Two. (0)
Does it have enough parts you can remove to represent White Dice damage? No. (-5)
Score: +5 (B+).  All the things I've said about the other models holds true here.  I think this model is a little less useful than the others but it makes up for that by having six variations that I've seen online.

No comments:

Post a Comment