Friday, March 1, 2024

Battle Report: Sci-Fi Outpost 8 @ Paper Asylum

After seven months away, and the shift to a new calendar year, we returned to the Paper Asylum, for our second game of the year.  This was a Skirmish.  We had enough players to have two tables running at the same time.

Phungkyjams (5 Frames & 19 Systems) = (5 Points per Asset) * (7 assets) = 35 points. (Strikehands)
   Green Fast Sniper -- 2Ra/1B/2G/2W.
   Red Brawler -- 2Rh+d8/2B/1Gd8/2W.
   Blue Watchtower -- 2B/1Gd8/2Y/2W + SSR (x2).
   Orange Soldier -- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W.
   Yellow -- 2Rd/2Y/2W + SSR.

Pete (5 Frames & 20 Systems) = (3 Points per Asset) * (7 assets) = 21 points. (Fuzzy Pink Bunny Slippers)
   Blue Anvil -- 2Rd+d8/1B/1Y/2W + SSR.
   Yellow Anvil -- 2Rd+d8/1B/1Y/2W + SSR.
   Black Soldier -- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W.
   Lime Recon by Fire -- 2Ra+d8/2Y/2W.
   Red Brawler -- 2Rh+d8/2B/1Gd8/2W + SSR.

Me (5 Frames & 20 Systems) = (3 Points per Asset) * (7 assets) = 21 points. (Hurrball Squad)

   Blue Recon by Fire -- 2Ra+d8/2Y/2W.
   Green Armored Swarmer -- 2Rh/2B/1Gd8/1Y/2W.
   Tan Armored Swarmer -- 2Rh/2B/1Gd8/1Y/2W + SSR.
   Yellow Armored Swarmer -- 2Rh/2B/1Gd8/1Y/2W + SSR.
   Red Armored Swarmer -- 2Rh/2B/1Gd8/1Y/2W + SSR.

This is what the table looked like at the start of the game.














Events of Round 1 (DDC@11): Phunkyjams captures both of Pete's Stations before the game starts.  My Yellow frame runs forward and captures Phungkyjams' Carrot Patch Station.  Pete's Black frame glides forward and hits Phungkyjams' Green frame for 1.  My Blue frame hits the White alien plants for 2 -- destroying them -- and Phungkyjams' Green frame for 1, Station Dance.  Pete's Yellow frame glides towards Quonset Hut 2 and hits Phungkyjams' Orange frame for 1.  Pete's Blue frame also glides towards Quonset Hut 2 and hits Phungkyjams' Orange frame for 3.  My Orange frame jumps forward and hits Phungkyjams' Green frame for 2 with a SSR.  Phungkyjams' Blue frame hits my Yellow frame for 1, Station Dance.  Phungkyjams' Red frame runs forward and captures his Carrot Patch Station back.  Phungkyjams' ?? captures my Red Station.


Phungkyjams: 50 points.
Me: 18 points.
Pete: 15 points.






Events of Round 2 (DDC @ 9): Pete's Lime frame hits Phungkyjams' Green frame for 2.  Phungkyjams' Green frame hits my Blue frame for 1, Station Dance.  My Yellow frame jumps over Phungkyjams' Red frame and captures Pete's Blue Station that was under Phungkyjams' control, then hits Phungkyjams' Orange frame for 1 with a SSR.  Pete's Yellow frame  hits my Yellow frame for 2, Station Dance.  Pete's Blue frame hits my Yellow frame for 1.  Pete's Black frame hits Phungkyjams' Green frame for 3, destroying it.


Phungkyjams: 40 points.
Me: 21 points.
Pete: 15 points.






Events of Round 3 (DDC @ 7): Phungkyjams' Blue frame captures Pete's Blue Station that was under my control.  My Yellow frame captures Phungkyjams' Little Nas Station.  Pete's Blue frame hits Phungkyjams' Blue frame for 5, Station Dance.  My Tan frame hits Phungkyjams' Blue frame for 1, then captures Pete's Blue Station that was under Phungkyjams' control.  Pete's Yellow frame hits Phungkyjams'Orange frame for 2, destroying it, and recaptures his Yellow Station.  My Orange frame recaptures my Red Station from Phungkyjams.  Pete's Blue frame hits my Tan frame for 1, Station Dance.  Pete's Red frame recaptures his Blue Station from me.  Pete's Black frame hits my Yellow frame for 2.  Phungkyjams' Yellow frame hits my Yellow frame for 2.


Me: 24 points.
Pete: 21 points.
Phungkyjams: 20 points.






Events of Round 4 (DDC @ 4): My Orange frame steps away from my Red Station and cuts Pete's Red frame for 2.  Pete's Lime frame hits my Green frame for 1.  Pete's Blue frame hits my Green frame for 2.  Pete's Black frame hits my Green frame for 1.  Phungkyjams' heavily damaged Blue frame lurches towards the shuttle and punches my Tan frame for 5, destroying it.  Phungkyjams' Yellow frame hits Pete's Red frame for 1.  Phungkyjams' Red frame hits my Green frame for 4, destroying it.  The Doomsday Clock is ticked to zero.


Pete: 21 points.
Phungkyjams: 20 points.
Me: 18 points.










Here are several during and aftermath pictures.


Round 1.

Round 2.

Round 2.
Round 3.



Round 4.

Round 4.

Round 4.









Round 4.

Round 4.












Here's a couple of pictures from the other game being played at the same time.

Start.
Start.


Start.
Round 4.
Round 4.










Thoughts & Observations:
  • This was a Skirmish.
  • I copied one of Tom's squads for this game.
  • I feel like I need more practice with it.
  • Flickr page.

No comments:

Post a Comment