Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Terrain Workshop: Trees 36

I actually stole this idea from a Lego Friends set.  After seeing it on the shelf I stood there and started running ideas through my head.  This is what I came up with.


The first version starts at the bottom with two 2L Smooth Axle Connectors linked by a Notched Axle.  On top of that is an
1x1 Cone.  These are attached with a 3L Axle.  Plugged into
the ends of the Bar Holders are two Bar Studs with two
1x2 Round Plates w/Layered Leaves on each.  This is twelve pieces
which is 2 Hits.  This is 16 feet tall and 25 feet across in 6P scale.



The second version is basically the same.  We're
just going to swap out the Cone and 3L Axle fo
 a 1L Liftarm and a 3L Axle w/Stop. This version
is also twelve pieces which is 2 Hits.  This
is 15 feet tall and 25 feet across in 6P scale.




The third version swaps out the 1L Liftarm for another Axle Connector Hub
w/2 Perpendicular Bar Holders, along with two Bar Studs with two 1x2
Round Plates w/Layered Leaves on each.  This version is also eighteen
pieces which is 3 Hits.  This is 15 feet tall and 25 feet across in 6P scale.




Size Comparison 3.
Size Comparison 1.
Size Comparison 2.

It's been a year and two thirds since I've worked with that Layered Leaf piece.  I will say the texturing adds a lot of character to builds that use it.  I will also say, I like the second and third versions of this build better.  The blunt top gives them a little bit of style and using the Axle w/Stop keeps the trunk all Reddish Brown.  I hope this gives people ideas or techniques to use in their terrain builds. Flickr page.

No comments:

Post a Comment