Monday, July 21, 2014

Review: 30229 Repair Lift Polybag

Here's a review of one of the newer polybag sets.

Bag.  This cost $3.99 at Toys'R'Us, which gives us a Price per Piece of $0.10.






Instructions & Minifig.





Parts.  In general, I don't like wheels.  I have built a few wheeled vehicles before but I don't go looking for them.  Hinge parts are always good.  I like the 1x2 Plate w/Bar (open ends) and the 1x2x1x2 bracket.  I'm not so sure about that lift bucket though.







Self-Propelled Gun.  It's not a bad looking little vehicle.  I'd
stat it out as 3Ra/1Rd (gun) / 1B (hull) / 1G (wheels) /2W.


The Questions:
Can you build a frame, or frames, right away?  Yes.  (+5)
Is it below, at, or above the golden ratio?  At.  (0) (The Golden Ratio is $0.10 per part.)
If you can't build a frame right away, or choose not to, does it have parts you should be able to put into use right away?  Yes.  (+5)
Does it have more than a handful of immediately useful parts?  No.  (-5)
Score: B+ (+5).  I really like the Self-Propelled Gun design I came up with.  It's not too far off the base design of the set and a bunch of these could make for a fun squad.  The only problem is you're going to be stuck with a minifig afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment