Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Terrain Workshop: Megafauna

I've been messing around recently with the new 2x2-1x2 Centered Bracket in combination with either the 1x2 Bar Plate (open ends) or 1x2 Single Clip Plate as a way of making feet for Frames.  One of the combinations I tried had Bar Plates with the Centered Bracket and Minifig Skeleton Legs as the "toes".  Goofing around, I arranged things so this assembly was standing on the Skeleton Legs.  It was then I had a "Eureka!" moment and realized this combination -- with a few added parts -- could be used as some sort of weird sci-fi megafauna.


I dug out two 2x2 Inverted Curved Slopes, a 1x2 Plate, and two 1x1 Round "Eye" Tiles to finish the build.


It stands three Bricks tall which makes it Cover.  It will take 1 Hit to no longer be Cover, and 2 Hits to be completely destroyed.

Size comparison 1.
 Size comparison, Plate stack


In 6P scale these are 10 feet long, 5 feet wide, and 9 feet tall.


Size Comparison 2.





Size comparison, standard. 



I think I have enough of the necessary parts to make a small herd of these.  I'm just not sure what table-setting they'd be best suited for.  I also have to figure out what other color combinations exist and look good together.  Flickr Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment