Monday, May 22, 2023

Terrain Workshop: Pirate Palm

I'll try and make this the last tree post for a while.  (That's a lie.  I have a bunch in the pipeline and I keep having more ideas on how to build Lego trees.)  This one is probably the simplest build so far, apart from the initial build technique.  It's also the first one I've named rather than given a number designation.  Flickr Page.


This starts, like TW: Trees 13, with a 2x2 Round Tile w/Hole.  An inverted 1x1x6 Solid Pillar Support goes into that with a Ship's Wheel w/Slotted Pin attached to that.  Four 6x5 Swordleaves w/Clip attach to the Ship's Wheel and that's it.


Six pieces is 1 Hit and it stands 23' tall in 6P scale.  The trunk is 2.5' thick and it's roughly 19' from side to side.  This is probably my most favorite build so far.  It's simple but uses some interesting parts and techniques to represent the idea of a tree in Lego.  I should have a few more of the Ship's Wheel piece around so I'll definitely build more of this design.

No comments:

Post a Comment