Monday, May 8, 2023

New Demo Kit

For a period of time I was working on putting together a new kit for demonstrating Mobile Frame Zero: Rapid Attack.  While I was happy with the pieces I had already assembled, I wanted something smaller.  I wanted something that would fit in one tacklebox tray and be easily portable, while still having all the pieces I needed to run demo games.  Eight years ago I put together this one but in the long run it's just too bulky.  I changed to a different one in 2017 for PAX Unplugged that was a little "roll on, roll off" luggage bag.  Better, but I still wanted one I could just grab and go.

This is the newest version on the table at PAXU 2022.

Two years ago I had started building new Frames to feature in this demo kit.  The Havok, Helix, and Hermes frames were all built specifically for it.  I wanted something similar to the core MFZ Frames in looks, but without the old IP. Each set has their own design language yet they all share the same concept -- clearly visible, color-coded Systems.

Havok

Hermes
Helix


I also have two Gundam Converge figures as part of the kit for a fourth squad.  Which allows me to present a non-Lego alternative for units while running demo games.


I also made a Station for this kit.





It has a Ruler too.






I swiped the smaller walls from my old kit and made a few larger ones in the same style.  Retiring my Art Walls was a bummer but I needed modular walls that would fit into the kit.


 The small walls are six pieces which is 1 Hit.





Large walls are twelve pieces which is 2 Hits. 





This is what it looks like all packed away.


I hope this helps people who are thinking about putting together their own Demo Kits.

No comments:

Post a Comment