Monday, November 18, 2013

Purity: Brickwarrior Polybag Review

For a while I've wanted to do a review of Brickarms and Brickforge parts.  I've got a fair amount of them stashed away in small tackleboxes.  I think I even use a few of them in builds.  I saw this review of the Brick Warriors Warrior Pack though and decided to go looking for them and do my own review.

Here's the package.  I picked them up for $2.99 at Five Below.  Each package comes with a code for 6 free items as part of an online order.  One thing I didn't take a picture of is that these all have a transparent section on the back so that you can see what you are purchasing.










Here are the parts from the first set I purchased.









The parts from the second set.



As you can see, they're a little small for 7P scale.  They almost look like toys in the Chub's hands.



The shield is more like a buckler when held by the Chub.  The sword is closer to a combat knife in size at this scale.  It looks good though.










They look a bit better when wielded by the Classic.







The sword actually looks like it's sword sized at this scale.









The Questions:
Can you build a frame, or frames, right away?  No.  (-5)
Is it below, at, or above the golden ratio?  Above.  (-10)
If you can't build a frame right away, does it have parts you should be able to put into use right away?  Yes.  (+5)
Does it have more than a handful of immediately useful parts?  No. (-5)
Score: -15 (C). Harsh, but true.  The most these packs are going to provide is a few accent pieces for your frames.

No comments:

Post a Comment