Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Thriftshopping

"Mantisking, can we go thrift shopping?"  (Not Safe For Work language in that link.)

Yeah, yeah, I know, cheap pop.

As I mentioned before we're doing work on the house and moving things around.  One of the things we're doing to make room is getting rid of things we don't want, need, or have room for.  This has led to a lot of trips to Savers.  The last time we went I decided to go in and have a look around.  I ended up stumbling across a bag of old Bionicle parts.  Turns out it had 100 pieces for only $1.99.

 That's a fair amount of axles I didn't really need.








On the right side are smaller feet pieces that Soren and Wordman have been using to great effect.  Across the bottom row are three shield like pieces.  In the middle left are four pieces that could be used as a body for a frame.  And those claw-like pieces in the middle right column are pretty neat too.

More of those smaller feet, and the "body" pieces.  And, hey, rubber bands.







In the bottom row are more pieces that could be the body for a frame.  In the right-hand column are three shovel like pieces that could act as armor or shields.  The two pieces on the left in the middle could act as HtH weapons.




All in all, it was a pretty good haul for the price.  So the next time your near a thrift shop -- Goodwill, Savers, etc. -- take a peek inside.  You might find a great deal.

1 comment:

  1. Thrift shops are great! Nice score! I've been wanting to incorporate some of my Bionicle components into my mechs, but I haven't come up with something I'm happy with yet. The parts just tend to run a little too big.

    ReplyDelete