Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Review: Star Wars Poe's X-Wing Polybag

Since I saw Star Wars: The Force Awakens over the Christmas break I figured I'd review one of the new sets from the movie.

Bag.  I picked this up at Target in the checkout aisles
for $3.99 which gives us a $0.06 Price per Piece.


Instructions.







Parts.  Lots of Plates in this one.  Plenty of Clip Plates, 1x1 Round  Plates, Wedge Plates, and regular Plates.  Some 1x1 Cones, Antenna, and
1x1 Round Bricks too.  A few Cheese Slopes and Jumpers as well.



Build.  I made a quick walker 
design for this one.  2Rd + d8 
(double guns) 1G (extra legs) 2W.





The Questions:
Can you build something -- a frame, station, or starship -- right away?  Yes.  (+5)
Is it below, at, or above the golden ratio?  Below.  (+5)  
(The Golden Ratio is $0.10 per part.)
If you can't build a frame right away, or choose not to, does it have parts you should be able to put into use right away?  Yes.  (+5)
Does it have more than a handful of immediately useful parts?  Yes.  (+5)
Score: +20 (A+).  A good score, but I'm not feeling this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment