Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Double Set Challenge, Revisit 1

Over a year ago  I laid down some rules for the Double Set Challenge.  Recently I was preparing to dump and sort two polybags that I had reviewed.  I had the Creator Turtle and the Ninjago Airboat ready for sorting, then I looked at what I had built individually and figured I could do better if I combined the two.  The original DSC was meant to be two of the same set combined but, both of these sets are under the 50 pieces limit so it might be more interesting to try it this way.




Here's both packages.









The Turtle build was interesting, but a little small and without Attachments.  The Airboat build was cool but had an illegal connection.  Let's see what happens when combine the two.



Here's a Frame (2Rh+d8/2Rd+d8/2W) and a Station.  There's
a part of me that's tempted to build a squad of those Frames.





Here's the leftover parts.








At $2.99 and $3.49 respectively, that's roughly $6.50 for a Frame and a Station.  Extrapolating that out, it's $19.50 for a Defender size Squad (3 units), $32.50 for an Attacker (5 units), and $45.50 for a Primary Attacker squad (7 units).  You also have plenty of leftover parts to convert into SSRs or other Attachments.

This lead me to take another try with a different polybag.  This combo juuust sneaks in under the parts limit for the challenge.



Here's both packages.












Build.  A Frame (2Rd+d8/2Y/2W) and Station.







Here's the leftover parts.







At $3.49 each, that's roughly $7.00 for a Frame and a Station.  Extrapolating that out, it's $21.00 for a Defender size Squad (3 units), $35.00 for an Attacker (5 units), and $49.00 for a Primary Attacker squad (7 units).  You also have plenty of leftover parts to convert into SSRs or other Attachments.

So all three of these sets are currently available in stores.
Hopefully this post gives people ideas for new creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment