Monday, May 2, 2016

Battle Report: PAX East 2016 Triple Threat Match

It turns out only three of us could make it to PAX East this year.  This game is the result.  :-)

The point totals for the beginning of the game were as follows:
Me (3 frames & 11 systems) = (7 Points per asset) * (5 assets) = 35 points.  (Hellhounds)
Stevenik (3 frames & 12 systems) = (6 points per asset) * (5 assets) = 30 points.  (High Steppers)
Jay Biquadrate 
(3 frames & 12 systems) = (6 points per asset) * (5 assets) = 30 points.


Here are the pictures from the start of the game.
Events of Turn 1 (DDC@11): Stevenik seizes one of my stations.  I make a break for one of his with my Yellow Hellhound.

End of Turn 1 pictures.

Stevenik: 36 points.
Jay Biquadrate: 30 points.
Me: 28 points.
Events of Turn 2 (DDC@9): I seize one of Stevenik's Stations.  Jay seizes one of my Stations.  I make a move towards it to try and reclaim it with my Blue Hellhound.

End of Turn 2 pictures.

Jay Biquadrate: 36 points.
Stevenik: 30 points.
Me: 28 points.

Events of Turn 3 (DDC@7): Stevenik seizes his Station back.  I loop back in an attempt to seize his other one with my Yellow Hellhound but he blocks me with another of his Frames.  Jay's forces collapse in toward the Station he captured from me.

End of Turn 3 pictures.

Jay Biquadrate: 36 points.
Stevenik: 36 points.
Me: 21 points.

Events of Turn 4 (DDC@5): Some jostling for position occurs.  I make a break for one of Jay's undefended Stations with my Blue Hellhound.  While on the other side of the table I try and force Stevenik off of one of his Stations with my Yellow Hellhound.

End of Turn 4 pictures.

Jay Biquadrate: 36 points.
Stevenik: 36 points.
Me: 21 points.

Events of Turn 5 (DDC@3): Stevenik destroys one of  Jay's Chubs for the first kill of the game.  I seize one of Jay's Stations.  Stevenik clicks the DoomsDay Clock down one because he's in the lead and I click it down to zero to finish the game.

End of Turn 5 pictures.

Stevenik: 36 points.
Me: 28 points.
Jay Biquadrate: 24 points.


Thoughts & Observations:
  • We didn't use Single Shot Rockets.
  • Knowing when to run away is an important skill.
  • Knowing when to quit is also an important skill.
  • Next year I'm going for Primary Attacker.
  • We should have cleared the table a bit more.  It would have helped with photo editing if the back border of the play area was clearer.
  • Even with less people this year this was still a fun game.
  • This was Jay's first full scale game.  Two years in a row for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment