The Questions for Building Block Set Reviews:
Can you build some sort of creation right away? (Yes = +5 / No = -5)
- By some sort of creation I mean a Frame, Station, or Starship. You should always be able to make terrain from a building block set. If the set can build a nice looking piece of terrain/cover from the instructions, that's worth (0). Let's be honest, following the instructions is not why we buy these sets.
- The Golden Ratio is $0.10 per part. This is generated by dividing the cost by the number of parts and rounding to two decimal places.
- Generally this is going to mean Travis Bricks, Headlight Bricks, Hinge Plates/Bricks, Bar Plates, Clip Tiles/Plates, Lampholders, etc. Or maybe that one piece you need to finish that frame that's been sitting on your work desk for months.
- This is probably the easiest question to answer and the most subjective at the same time.
The Questions for Non-Building Block Set Reviews:
Is it below, at, or above $10 per Frame? (Above = -10, At = 0, Below = +5)
- This is kind of arbitrary but it seems like a good price point to start with.
- This is pretty subjective but I think anything ranging in size between a Chub and a Classic is pretty good. Any bigger or smaller might become problematic.
- Easy enough to understand.
- Same here.
Added to a base score of zero (0), the answers to these questions should give a range of -25 to +20 points. Which gives us the following scores and ratings:
+20 = A+
+15 = A
+10 = A-
+5 = B+
0 = B
-5 = B-
-10 = C+
-15 = C
-25 = C-.