Friday, December 13, 2013

Purity: Kreo Star Trek Blind Bag Review

The Star Trek Kreon blind bags have been out for a while.  Here are the codes so you can cherry-pick the ones you want.  Honestly, I don't think they have sold very well so you should be able to find them without searching too hard.

Bag and instructions.  As you can see from the picture, I did not pay full price for this item.  The base price is $2.99.  I picked up mine for $0.99 each.








Reverse.  There are only six Kreons in this run.  The ones I wanted are the Gorn, the Klingon, and Captain Nero.  I'll leave it up to you to figure out the reasons why.

Klingon Kreon.  I broke this one down to show you what the leg and arm attachments look like.  I'm disappointed the helmet and head are one piece.  This one has six pieces so that gives us a Price per Piece of $0.50 (normal), $0.17 (sale).






Lieutenant Sprog.  I don't really remember seeing an alien like this in the first reboot film.  This one has five pieces so that gives us a Price per Piece of $0.60 (normal), $0.20 (sale).



Close up on the Phaser & Batleth.  Yeah, minifig scale Star Trek weapons.  These have been available from various third party manufacturers for several years.  I believe these are the first authorized parts in minifig scale.



The Questions:
Can you build a frame, or frames, right away?  No.  (-5)
Is it below, at, or above the golden ratio?  Above.  (-10)
If you can't build a frame right away, does it have parts you should be able to put into use right away?  You should be able to use the Phaser or Batleth as frame weapons.  Still, that's stretching it.  (+5)
Does it have more than a handful of immediately useful parts?  No. (-5)
Score: -15 (C).  I can't really recommend these, unless you've got the collecting bug -- like I have.  If you get them at the same price I did they may be a way to get Phasers and Batleths without having to resort to Brickarms, Brickforge, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment