Monday, February 11, 2019

[Guest Post] Purity: Anadel Astronave Spaceship Review

A member of the MFZ community, Francisco Duarte, recently approached me about doing a guest review of a clone brick set he had found in Europe.  I try to be open to new experiences, so I said yes.  I hope you all enjoy it.  All text and pictures below this point are by him.

Found this set while looking for interesting sets to get new parts. This was made by Anadel, apparently a Spanish company that makes Lego-compatible bricks. It cost me 4.90€ for 62 parts, including minifig, which makes 0.08€ per part, placing it under the golden ratio.




Sorry for the chink in the box, I didn’t
notice the tape when I was inspecting it.
The contents come really neatly packaged.



The instructions, with the few words
on it in both English and Spanish.





Stickers.


There’s a minifig.









These two 4x4 plates were in the bag.





Parts 1. Wings, 2x3 and 2x4
plates, plus a 2x1 brick.



Parts 2. Slopes, cones, sloped
bricks and rocket nozzles.





Parts 3. Plates, clip parts, bricks with
pin hole and an additional 2x3 plate.





I gave a go to the build in the box, and it works
wonderfully as an IO frigate (my first one).  I’d
give it a support weapons system for the missiles
and two defense systems for the lateral plates.

The Questions:
Can you build something -- a frame, station, or starship -- right away?  Yes.  (+5)
Is it below, at, or above the golden ratio?  Below.  (+5)  (The Golden Ratio is $0.10 per part.)
If you can't build a frame right away, or choose not to, does it have parts you should be able to put into use right away?  Yes.  (+5)
Does it have more than a handful of immediately useful parts?  Yes.  (+5)
Score: +20 (A+).  It is essentially an IO frigate in a box, so there’s that.

No comments:

Post a Comment