Friday, February 24, 2023

Battle Report: The DMZ 2

Three of us met up for another Battle last Sunday using a table-setting that last saw use in 2021.

Narbey (5 Frames & 20 Systems) = (7 Points per Asset) * (7 assets) = 49 points.  (Skitterers)
   White Soldier -- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W + SSR.
   Orange Soldier -- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W + SSR.
   Red Soldier -- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W + SSR.
   Yellow Recon by Fire -- 2Ra+d8/2Y/2W.
   Lime Brawler -- 2Rh+d8/2B/1Gd8/2W.

Me (6 Frames & 24 Systems) = (5 Points per Asset) * (8 assets) = 40 points.  (Chunkies)
   Purple Soldier -- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W + SSR.
   Yellow Soldier -- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W + SSR.
   Red Soldier -- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W + SSR.
   Blue Soldier -- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W.
   Tan Soldier -- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W.
   Brown Recon by Fire -- 2Ra+d8/2Y/2W.

Tom (7 Frames & 28 Systems) = (3 Points per Asset) * (9 assets) = 27 points.
   White Armored Swarmer -- 2Rh/2B/1Gd8/1Y/2W.
   Green Armored Swarmer -- 2Rh/2B/1Gd8/1Y/2W + SSR.
   Grey Armored Swarmer -- 2Rh/2B/1Gd8/1Y/2W + SSR.
   Blue Armored Swarmer -- 2Rh/2B/1Gd8/1Y/2W + SSR.
   Orange Tank -- 2Rd+d8/2D/2W.
   Red Tank -- 2Rd+d8/2D/2W.
   Yellow Recon by Fire -- 2Ra+d8/2Y/2W.

This is what the table looked like at the start of the game.















Events of Round 1 (DDC@11): Narbey's Lime frame captures Tom's Station before the game starts.  Narbey's Orange frame hits Tom's Red frame for 1.  Narbey's White frame hits my Yellow frame for 1.  Tom's Yellow frame hits Narbey's Yellow frame for 3.  Tom's Green frame moves forward, hits a silo for 4, destroying it, and Narbey's Orange frame for 1 with a SSR.  Tom's Blue frame moves from the defense gun to an antenna and hits my Brown frame for 4 with a SSR.  My Brown frame then hits Narbey's Yellow frame for 2.  My Red frame jumps the fence, hits an antenna for 1, destroying it, and Tom's Red frame for 3 with a SSR.  My Purple frame jumps the fence and hits Narbey's Orange frame for 2 with a SSR.  My Tan frame leaps the fence, moves into the neutral zone, and hits Narbey's Red frame for 2.  My Blue frame also leaps the fence, moves into the neutral zone, and hits Narbey's Red frame for 1.



Narbey:
 56 Points.
Me: 40 points.
Tom: 24 points.





Events of Round 2 (DDC @ 8): My Purple frame hits the platform for 1, destroying it, then moves next to the wreckage of the missile silo.  Narbey's White frame falls off the wreckage and takes 1 damage.  Narbey's Lime frame claws Tom's Grey frame for 3 then skitters back to the structure.  Tom's Grey frame captures Narbey's Station then retaliates for 1 damage on Narbey's Lime frame.  Tom's Yellow frame hits the structure in front of Narbey's Lime frame for 4, destroying it.  Tom's Green frame steps over and saws my Red frame for 2.  Tom's Orange frame hits my Red frame for 1.  Tom's White frame steps over and saws my Purple frame for 2.  My Blue frame jumps the other fence, moves up to the defense gun, and hits Tom's Grey frame for 1.



Narbey:
 49 Points.
Me: 40 points.
Tom: 27 points.





Events of Round 3 (DDC @ 5): Tom's White frame saws my Purple frame for 2.  My Purple frame moves forward and captures Narbey's Station that was under Tom's control.  Narbey's White frame hits my Red frame for 2, destroying it, then skitters to the far side of the structure.  In retribution my Blue frame hits Narbey's Yellow frame for 3, destroying it, then it retreats to my Station near the fence.  Tom's Green frame steps over and saws my Yellow frame for 3.  My Yellow frame moves forward and hits Tom's Grey frame for 1.  Tom's Orange hits my Purple frame for 2, Station Dance.



Narbey:
 42 Points.
Me: 40 points.
Tom: 24 points.






Events of Round 4 (DDC @ 2): Narbey's Orange frame skitters over and recaptures his Station that my Purple frame abandoned.  My Yellow frame jumps into the structure and captures Narbey's other Station.  Narbey's Lime frame claws Tom's White frame for 2.  Tom's White frame saws Narbey's Orange frame for 3, destroying it, then captures Narbey's Station.  Tom's Blue frame moves into melee range and saws my Brown frame for 1.  Tom's Yellow frame hits my Brown frame for 3, destroying it.  My Tan frame hits Tom's White frame for 1.  Toms' Orange frame hits my Yellow frame for 1, Station Dance.  Narbey's White frame recaptures his Station under the framework.  My Blue frame moves to the defense gun and hits Narbey's Red frame for 3, destroying it.



Me: 30 points.
Narbey: 28 Points.
Tom: 27 points.












Here are several during and aftermath pictures.

Start

Start









Round 1
Round 2










Round 3



Round 4









Round 4

Round 4











Round 4
Round4









Round 4


Round 4
Round 4

Round 4

Round 4









Thoughts & Observations:
  • This was a Battle.
  • I picked out my squad and my loadouts right before the game started.
  • I got exactly the damage I needed on my last attack to win.
  • Oddly enough, I was the only one that Station Danced this game.
  • Tom and I had a lot to make up for, play-wise, after our last game.
  • Despite the last turn being very tense, I don't feel like I have a lot to mention about this game.
  • Flickr page.

No comments:

Post a Comment