Friday, August 22, 2014

Review: 30106 Friends Ice Cream Stand Polybag

A Friends review!  I believe this is the first one I've done.  Hopefully not the last.

Retails at $3.99, which gives us
a price per piece of $0.12.







Instructions & Minifig.






Parts.  I'm going to be honest.  The only reason I grabbed this set was the Tan 1x1 Cone w/Bar piece there in the middle of the picture.  It looks like it would make a perfect gun muzzle  Since this set was released, it has become available in Black in some Mixel sets.


Questions:
Can you build a frame, or frames, right away?  No.  I tried, but everything I built just looked like a jumble of pastel bricks.  (-5)
Is it below, at, or above the golden ratio?  Above.  (-10) (The Golden Ratio is $0.10 per part.)
If you can't build a frame right away, or choose not to, does it have parts you should be able to put into use right away?  Yes.  (+5)
Does it have more than a handful of immediately useful parts?  No.  (-5)

Score: -15 (C).  I picked this up because it was on clearance at 50% off and I wanted one of the pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment