Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Battle Report: Double Header (Game 2)

This is the second game from this past weekend.  Narbey and Grafvonbarnez had arrived after Tom and I had already completed most of a game.  Let's get down to brass tacks.

Me (3 frames & 12 systems) = (7 Points per asset) * (5 assets) = 35 points.
Tom (4 frames & 16 systems) = (3 Points per asset) * (6 assets) = 18 points.
Grafvonbarnez (4 frames & 16 systems) = (3 Points per asset) * (6 assets) = 18 points.
Narbey (4 frames & 16 systems) = (3 Points per asset) * (6 assets) = 18 points.



The battlefield at the start of game.  Narbey's forces are in the lower left of the picture, with one Frame in the upper right.  Tom is in the upper left.  Grafvonbarnez is split between the upper and lower right.  I am in the center.


Events of Turn 1 (DDC@11):
I capture one of Grafvonbarnez's Stations right out of the gate.  Narbey pushes towards Tom's  position while getting into a scrum with Grafvonbarnez's frames in the upper right quadrant of the battlefield.



Me: 42 points.
Tom: 18 points.
Narbey: 18 points.
Grafvonbarnez: 15 points.

Events of Turn 2 (DDC@8):
Grafvonbarnez captures one of my Stations in retaliation.  One of Tom's Cutter Frames is destroyed by Narbey as he continues forward to Tom's Stations.  Narbey and Grafvonbarnez continue harassing each other in the upper right quadrant of the battlefield.



Me: 35 points.
Narbey: 18 points.
Grafvonbarnez: 18 points.
Tom: 15 points.

Events of Turn 3 (DDC@4):
I retake the Station that Grafvonbarnez captured from me.  Tom captures the Station I had taken from Grafvonbarnez and  I lose my Assault Bullfrog in the process.  Grafvonbarnez's frames finally break free from Narbey's harassment.



Me: 28 points.
Narbey: 18 points.
Tom: 18 points.
Grafvonbarnez: 15 points.

Events of Turn 4 (DDC@1):
Tom loses a Station to Narbey.  One of my Multi-Purpose Bullfrogs is destroyed and one of my Stations is captured by Grafvonbarnez.  Tom and Grafvonbarnez get into a scrum around my other former Station and Narbey tries to move in on my remaining Station with his Scout frame.


Narbey: 21 points.
Grafvonbarnez: 18 points.
Tom: 15 points.
Me: 14 points.

Thoughts & Observations:

  • This game didn't go too bad for me until the final turn, besides my awful dice luck continuing from the last game.
  • Everyone had Artillery frames on the board in some form or another.  They were basically untouched because they were too far away for non-Artillery frames to effect.
  • Some of them even became involved in "Artillery duels".
  • Tom did the "Station Dance" to perfection to avoid damage.
  • This was Narbey's first game and he ended up winning.
  • I think he's hooked.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment