Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Battle Report: September Showdown, Part 1

A few of us got together last weekend for a friendly game of Mobile Frame Zero: Rapid Attack.  Narbey was initially thinking of using my Blue Devil Chub Squad but he ended up going with my Defender's of Ahu's Wisdom squad after getting a look at them.

Tom (4 Frames & 16 Systems) = (7 Points per Asset) * (6 assets) = 42 points.

   #1 Tank -- 2Rd+d8/2B/2W.
   #2 Recon by Fire -- 2Ra+d8/2Y/2W+SSR.
   #3 Armored Swarmer -- 2Rh/2B/1Y/1Gd8/2W+SSR.
   #4 Armored Swarmer -- 2Rh/2B/1Y/1Gd8/2W+SSR.

Me (5 Frames & 19 Systems) = (4 Points per Asset) * (7 assets) = 28 points.
   Black Brawler -- 2Rh+d8/2B/1Gd8/2W+SSR.
   Yellow Watchtower -- 2B/2Y/1Gd8/2W+SSR.
   White Light Tank -- 2Rd/2B/2W.
   Silver Artillerist -- 2Ra+d8/2B/2W+SSR.
   Blue -- 3Rd/1Rh/2B/2W.

Narbey (5 Frames & 20 Systems) = (3 Points per Asset) * (7 assets) = 21 points.
   Red Fast Brawler -- 2Rh+d8/1B/1G+d8/2W+SSR.
   White Heavy Assault -- 2Rd+d8/1B/1G/2W.
   Bronze Heavy Assault -- 2Rd+d8/1B/1G/2W.
   Blue Recon by Fire -- 2Ra+d8/2Y/2W+SSR.
   Black Recon by Fire -- 2Ra+d8/2Y/2W+SSR.






Events of Turn 1 (DDC@11):  Tom attacks my White frame then Narbey's Red (2 Damage).  Tom attacks Narbey's Bronze frame.  There's a major scrum by one of Tom's Stations.  Tom's #2 frame takes 3 damage, his #3 frame took 1 damage and both did the Station Dance.
Tom: 42 points.
Me: 24 points.
Narbey: 21 points.





Events of Turn 2 (DDC@9):  Tom attacks my Silver frame for 2 damage.  I take one of his Stations with my Blue frame.  His #2 frame takes 1 damage.
Tom: 35 points.
Me: 32 points.
Narbey: 21 points.




Events of Turn 3 (DDC@7):  I seize Tom's other Station with my Black frame.  Narbey's Bronze frame attacks my Black for 5 damage, I do the Station Dance.  Narbey takes the Station I just abandoned.  Tom recaptures his other station from my Blue frame after it does the Station Dance.
Tom: 35 points.
Narbey: 24 points.
Me: 24 points.




Events of Turn 4 (DDC@4):  Tom destroys my Silver frame and takes the Station it was guarding.  I recapture his other Station back after doing 4 damage to the Frame that was holding it and he does the Station Dance.
Tom: 42 points.
Narbey: 24 points.
Me: 20 points.







Events of Turn 5 (DDC@2):  I destroy Tom's #2 frame with 3 damage.  We all debate the issues of Frames as Cover in the scrum around Tom's former Station.  Narbey inflicts one damage on his White frame in an Artillery attack on Tom's #4 frame.  The Doomsday Clock gets ticked down to 0.
Tom: 35 points.
Narbey: 24 points.
Me: 20 points.





Thoughts & Observations:
  • As you can see in the pictures above, the new terrain I talked about in this blog post did what it was supposed to -- look good and take damage easily.
  • We Played a Skirmish instead of a Battle.
  • Narbey and I let up on Tom too early.  We should have kept pressing him in Turn 4.
  • My Strongarms Squad is back!
  • I'll have more incidental photos tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment