Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Anatomy of a Demo Game 3

I introduced another friend to Mobile Frame Zero: Rapid Attack the other night.  These are the results of that game.

Me (2 Frames & 8 Systems) = (5 Points per Asset) * (2 assets) = 10 points.  (High Steppers)
   Soldier Yellow -- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W.
   Soldier Pink -- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W.
Poisonous Pens (2 Frames & 8 Systems) = (5 Points per Asset) * (2 assets) = 10 points.  (Scramblers)
   Soldier Red -- 
2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W.
   
Soldier White -- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W.


This is what the table looked like at the start of the game.  My forces are on the left side of the board.









Events of Turn 1 (DDC@7): We both jump out from behind our walls and move towards the Windmill Station in the middle of the board.  All attacks either miss or do no damage.




Poisonous Pens: 10 points.
Me: 10 points.





Events of Turn 2 (DDC@4): Poisonous Pens' Red Scrambler hits my Pink High Stepper for 1 damage.  This allows me top leap forward and seize the Station.  I also return fire for 2 damage.  My Yellow High Stepper moves into an intercept position.




Me: 15 points.
Poisonous Pens: 10 points.




Events of Turn 3 (DDC@2): I pass to force Poisonous Pens to make a mistake and give myself a chance to close out the round.  He makes a move with his White Scrambler but falls up short.  My Pink High Stepper hits his Red Scrambler for 1 more damage to close out the round. 




Me: 15 points.
Poisonous Pens: 10 points.




Thoughts & Observations:
  • This was Poisonous Pens first exposure to MFZ.
  • We didn't use Single Shot Rockets.
  • We also didn't use Frames with Artillery or Melee attachments.
  • We had a rematch immediately after this.

No comments:

Post a Comment