Friday, August 23, 2019

Battle Report: Roadway Rumble

After taking July off, our group reconvened for a game in August.  This is a new setting.  I've had this idea rattling around in my head ever since I purchased the Black Panther mine battle set.

Me (4 Frames & 15 Systems) = (5 Points per Asset) * (6 assets) = 30 points. (Cucurbita)
   Red Soldier -- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W + SSR.
   Green Soldier -- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W + SSR.
   Blue Soldier -- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W + SSR..
   Yellow Brawler -- 2Rh+d8/1B/1Gd8/2W + SSR.

Narbey (4 Frames & 16 Systems) = (3 Points per Asset) * (6 assets) = 18 points.  (Skitterers)
   Yellow Recon by Fire -- 2Ra+d8/2Y/2W.
   Red Soldier -- 2Rh/1B/1G/1Y/2W +SSR.
   White Soldier -- 2Rh/1B/1G/1Y/2W +SSR.
   Orange Soldier -- 2Rh/1B/1G/1Y/2W +SSR.

Occam's Spork (4 Frames & 16 Systems) = (3 Points per Asset) * (6 assets) = 18 points.
   Blue Spotting Bodyguard -- 2Rd/2Rh/1B/1Y/2W + SSR.
   Red Spotting Bodyguard -- 2Rd/2Rh/1B/1Y/2W + SSR.
   White Spotting Bodyguard -- 2Rd/2Rh/1B/1Y/2W + SSR.
   Orange Recon by Fire -- 2Ra/2Y/2W.
This is what the table looked like at the start of the game.









Events of Turn 1 (DDC @ 11): Occam's Spork's Blue frame moves up to the rail line and hits my Green frame for 2 with a SSR.  My Blue frame moves to the other side of the road and hits Occam's Spork's Orange frame for 2 with a SSR.  Narbey's Orange frame moves out from behind the trees and hits my Yellow frame for 2.  Occam's Spork's Red frame moves away from his Stations and hits my Blue frame for 1 with a SSR.  Narbey's Yellow frame hits Occam's Spork's Orange frame for 4 and it does the Station Dance.  Narbey's White frame hops over the building and hits my Yellow frame for 1.  My Red frame moves closer to Narbey's Orange frame and hits his Red frame for 1.



Me: 30 points.
Narbey: 18 points.
Occam's Spork: 18 points.



Events of Turn 2 (DDC @ 8): My Red frame hits the rail line for 2 and Occam's Spork's Blue frame for 5 then moves into the space where the bridge was.  MBTA event!  Occam's Spork's  Red frame hits my Blue frame for 4.  Narbey's White frame hops back over the building and hits my Green frame for 1.  My Green frame spins and shield bashes Occam's Spork's Blue frame for 3, destroying it.  Narbey's Yellow hits my Green frame for 2.


Me: 30 points.
Narbey: 18 points.
Occam's Spork: 15 points.



Events of Turn 3 (DDC @ 5): My Red hits Occam's Spork's Orange frame for 1, destroying it.  Narbey's Yellow frame hits my Green frame for 1, destroying it.  Narbey's White frame hits my Red frame for 4.  Narbey's Orange frame follows that up with a 2 point hit on the rail line and a 2 point hit that destroys my Red frame.  Occam's Spork's Red frame hits my Blue frame for 2, destroying it.

Narbey: 18 points.
Me: 15 points.
Occam's Spork: 12 points.

{ I know why I forgot to take pictures of this round. }

Events of Turn 4 (DDC @ 2): Narbey's Orange frame hits Occam's Spork's Red frame for 2, then moves forward and seizes one of my Stations.  Occam's Spork's White frame hits Narbey's Orange frame for 2.  Narbey's Red frame hits Occam's Spork's Red frame for 2.  The Doomsday Clock is ticked to zero.

Narbey: 18 points.
Occam's Spork: 12 points.
Me: 10 points.


Here are several aftermath pictures.















Thoughts & Observations:
  • This is a new table setting.
  • I'm not sure I'm finished working on it yet.
  • The other players liked it but I felt there wasn't enough actual Cover.
  • It was just the right size for three players.  Any more and I would have had to add more baseplates.
  • I bought some of the new Road Playmats for use in this game.
  • I've been grooving on vehicles lately.
  • The train fell off the tracks when damage was being applied to the cover.  We figured it was appropriate and left it where it was.
  • Narbey's dice were pretty hot this game.
  • Here's a picture of several of the vehicles I built for the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment