Friday, February 14, 2020

Battle Report: Alien Planet @ Paper Asylum

We returned to the Paper Asylum for the fourth year in a row for our second meet up of the year.

Pete (4 Frames & 16 Systems) = (7 Points per Asset) * (6 assets) = 42 points.  (Pink Bunny Brigade)
    Red Assault -- 2Rd+d8/1B/1G/2W + SSR.
   Blue Assault -- 2Rd+d8/1B/1G/2W + SSR.
   Yellow Swarmer -- 2Rh+d8/1B/1Gd8/1Y/2W + SSR.
   
Orange -- 2Ra+d8/1B/1Y/2W.

PJ_Nichts (5 Frames & 18 Systems) = (5 Points per Asset) * (7 assets) = 35 points.  (mecha)
   Blue Fast Brawler -- 2Rh+d8/1B/1G/2W + SSR.
   Orange Fast Brawler -- 2Rh+d8/1B/1G/2W + SSR.
   Silver Soldier -- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W + SSR.
   Green Soldier -- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W.
   Yellow Spotter -- 1Gd8/2Y2W.


Jesse (5 Frames & 20 Systems) = (5 Points per Asset) * (7 assets) = 35 points.
   Planty (brawler) -- 2Rh+d8/2B/1Gd8/2W.
   Birdie (brawler) -- 2Rh+d8/2B/1Gd8/2W.
   Tiny -- 2Rd/2Ra/1B/1Y/2W + SSR.
   Roy -- 
2Rd/2Rh/1B/1Y/2W + SSR.
   Wuhan -- 2Rh+d8/2Rd/1Y/2W + SSR.

Me (6 Frames & 24 Systems) = (3 Points per Asset) * (8 assets) = 24 points. (Seraphim)
   Yellow Soldier -- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W + SSR.
   Blue Soldier -- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W + SSR.
   Green Soldier -- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W + SSR.
   Orange Recon by Fire -- 2Ra+d8/2Y/2W.
   Purple Brawler -- 2Rh+d8/2B/1Gd8/2W.
   Brown Tank -- 2Rd+d8/2B/2W.

This is what the table looked like at the start of the game.



Events of Turn 1 (DDC @ 11): PJ Nicht's Orange frame runs over from his Stations and clubs my Yellow frame for 3.  Pete's Red frame hits my Purple frame -- as it runs up and challenges his Blue frame -- for 2.  My Brown frame turns to the right and hits Roy -- in cover behind the Bladetrees -- for 2.  My Orange frame hits Pete's Blue frame for 2.  Tiny hits my Green frame for 1.  Planty moves away from the Juicebar station and swats PJ Nicht's Orange frame for 1.  Wuhan peeks out from behind a Flower Tree and hits my Green frame for 2.  PJ Nicht's Silver frame advances down the battlefield and blasts Pete's Orange frame for 4.

Pete: 42 points.
PJ Nicht: 35 points.
Jesse: 35 points.
Me: 24 points.

Events of Turn 2 (DDC @ 8): My Blue frame moves behind the stand of Serrated Leaves then hits Pete's Orange frame for 2, destroying it.  Pete's Red frame blasts my Purple frame for 4, and destroys it in retaliation.  PJ Nicht's Orange frame clubs Tiny for 2 and captures the Juicebar station.  PJ Nicht's Blue frame defoliates Planty for 2, as Planty makes a move for PJ's Stations.  PJ Nicht's Silver defoliates Planty again -- for 2 -- with a SSR.  My Orange frame hits Pete's Blue frame for 3.


PJ Nicht: 40 points.
Pete: 35 points.
Jesse: 30 points.
Me: 21 points.

Events of Turn 3 (DDC @ 6): PJ Nicht's Orange frame captures the Cosplay Gear station and clubs Wuhan for 1.  PJ Nicht's Silver frame keeps advancing and captures Pete's Orange station.  Pete's Blue frame hits my Blue frame for 1.  My Blue frame retaliates and hits Pete's Blue frame for 4, destroying it.  PJ Nicht's Green frame hits my Yellow frame for 3, destroying it.  Roy, from behind the Barrelbushes, hits Pete's Red frame for 1.  My Green frame punches Tiny for 4, destroying it.  My Brown frame blasts Planty for 4, destroying it.  The Doomsday Clock it ticked to zero.

PJ Nicht: 50 points.
Pete: 21 points.
Me: 18 points.
Jesse: 15 points.

{I forgot to take pictures of the last round and aftermath.}

Thoughts & Observations:
  • I think my MFZ resolution for the year will be to play with a different squad in each game.
  • Not different loadouts, different Frame designs.
  • We got a late start, I probably should have gotten the game going sooner.
  • As Primary Attacker I should have had a better plan of attack.
  • I should have pulled the "Rook Maneuver" and placed my Stations inside Pete's perimeter then tried to swarm his position.

No comments:

Post a Comment