Friday, March 13, 2020

Battle Report: Stone Garden 4

After a quick scramble to organize a game at PAX East, we had another quick scramble to organize our group's game for March.  This is what resulted.

PJ_Nichts (4 Frames & 16 Systems) = (7 Points per Asset) * (6 assets) = 42 points.  (mecha)
   Blue Anvil -- 2Rd+d8/1B/1Y/2W + SSR .
   Red Fast Brawler -- 2Rh+d8/1B/1G+d8/2W + SSR (x2).
   Orange Anvil -- 2Rd+d8/1B/1Y/2W.
   Purple Artillerist -- 2Ra+d8/2B/2W.


Meara (5 Frames & 20 Systems) = (5 Points per Asset) * (7 assets) = 35 points.  (Slytherin Scramblers)
   Red Brawler -- 2Rh+d8/2B/1Gd8/2W + SSR.
   Grey Brawler -- 2Rh+d8/2B/1Gd8/2W + SSR.
   Blue Brawler -- 2Rh+d8/2B/1Gd8/2W + SSR.
   White Brawler -- 2Rh+d8/2B/1Gd8/2W.
   Yellow Brawler -- 2Rh+d8/2B/1Gd8/2W.

Me (6 Frames & 24 Systems) = (3 Points per Asset) * (8 assets) = 24 points. (Gorgons)
   Brown Soldier -- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W + SSR.
   Red Soldier -- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W + SSR.
   Green Soldier -- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W + SSR.
   Black Delegator -- 2Ra/1B/2Y/2W.
   White Delegator -- 2Ra/1B/2Y/2W.
   Purple Tank -- 2Rd+d8/2B/2W.

Marin (6 Frames & 24 Systems) = (3 Points per Asset) * (8 assets) = 24 points.
   Red Warrior -- 2Rh/1B/1G+d8/1Y/2W.
   Blue Warrior -- 2Rh/1B/1G+d8/1Y/2W.
   Yellow Warrior -- 2Rh/1B/1G+d8/1Y/2W.
   White Warrior -- 2Rh/1B/1G+d8/1Y/2W.
   Green Anvil -- 2Rd+d8/1B/1Y/2W.
   Purple Hammer -- 2Rd/2B/1Y/2W + SSR (x3).

This is what the table looked like at the start of the game.














Events of Turn 1 (DDC @ 11): PJ Nicht captures my Red station before the game starts.  PJ Nicht's Orange frame hits my Brown frame for 1.  My Brown frame moves around the butte and hits PJ Nicht's Red frame for 4, Station Dance.  PJ Nicht's Red frame hits my Brown frame for 1 in return then retreats to cover their Stations.  My Black frame hits PJ Nicht's Orange frame for 2.  My Red frame hits PJ Nicht's Orange frame for 3 then inched forward.  Marin's White frame moves over to the Neutral station and stabs Meara's Yellow frame for 1.  Marin's Blue frame also stabs Meara's Yellow frame for 1, Station Dance.  Marin's Frames capture the Neutral station.  My Green frame leaps over my Red frame and hits PJ Nicht's Orange frame for 1, destroying it.  Marin's Green frame jumps on top of the other large mesa and hits Meara's White frame for 2, Station Dance.  Meara's White frame uses that boost to close the distance and slashes Marin's Green frame for 1.  My Purple frame turns and hits Marin's Purple frame for 2.  Meara's Red frame scuttles over to the Neutral station and slashes Marin's White frame for 4, Station Dance.  Meara's Grey frame takes a few steps then slashes Marin's Green frame for 6, destroying it.  PJ Nicht's Purple frame hits my Red frame for 2, and my Green frame for 1 as it was acting as Cover.

PJ Nicht: 42 points.
Meara: 35 points.
Marin: 24 points.
Me: 21 points.


Events of Turn 2 (DDC @ 8): Meara's Yellow frame moves back to the neutral station then slashes Marin's Blue frame for 2, it does the Station Dance, and Meara's Yellow frame captures the Neutral station.  Meara's Red frame slashes Marin's Blue frame for 2, Station Dance.  My White frame moves into cover behind the "Old Man in the Mountain" butte and hits PJ Nicht's Red frame for 1.  PJ Nicht's Blue frame targets my Red frame but hits my Green frame for 2.  PJ Nicht's Purple frame hits my Green frame for 2, and it limps away to reclaim my Red station.  My Black frame hits PJ Nicht's Blue frame for 2 then moves off of the mesa.  Meara's White frame scuttles towards Marin's stations and slashes Marin's Red frame for 1.  Marin's Yellow frame stabs Meara's White frame for 3, then captures Meara's White station which was unguarded.  My Purple frame targets Marin's White frame but hits his Blue frame for 2.  My Brown frame moves forward and captures one of PJ Nicht's Stations, then hits their Purple frame for 2.

Meara: 35 points.
PJ Nicht: 28 points.
Me: 27 points.
Marin: 24 points.


Events of Turn 3 (DDC @ 4): PJ Nicht's Purple frame hits my Green frame for 3, destroying it, then shifts to the other side of their Station.  Meara's Grey frame scuttles forward and slashes Marin's Yellow frame for 1.  My Red frame hits PJ Nicht's Blue frame for 3, then moves up beside the Station that I captured from PJ Nicht.  Marin's Blue frame moves around the Neutral station and stabs Meara's Yellow frame for 1.  Marin's Yellow frame moves forward slightly and also hits Meara's Yellow frame for 1.  Marin's White frame stabs Meara's Yellow frame for 1, continuing a trend.  Marin's Red frame stabs Meara's White frame for 2, destroying it, then moves towards Meara's Red station.  My White frame moves into the boulder field then hits Marin's Blue frame for 4, destroying it.  My Purple frame follows my other forces towards PJ Nicht's stations and hits the Cover in front PJ Nicht's Blue frame for 1 -- destroying it -- and the Frame for 2, destroying it too.  Meara's Red frame scuttles around the Neutral station and slashes Marin's White frame for 2.  Meara's Blue frame intercepts Marin's Red frame and slashes it for 4.  The Doomsday Clock is ticked to zero.

Meara: 30 points.
Me: 24 points.
PJ Nicht: 21 points.
Marin: 21 points.








Here are several aftermath pictures.













































Marin's Stations

PJ Nicht's Stations











Thoughts & Observations:
  • This is our third game in fifteen days.
  • We haven't used this table-setting in almost two years.
  • We also used an optional rule that we've used once before.
  • I'm also holding to my resolution to use squads that haven't seen prior table time.
  • Point Attacker was decided by die roll.
  • My friend Narbey has taken some good "Frame's Eye View" pictures in the past so I figiured I would try a few this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment