Sunday, May 24, 2020

MFZ Promotional Pictures

Joshua posted this on the Discord channel on Friday.

Hey, @everyone! I'm changing out the images on the official Mobile Frame Zero site and would love to highlight some of your works there! Anyone who's into it, please send me some images and I'll put them in a gallery! These are to make the game look good, as well as your own work, so I'm looking for:
* Decent shots. In focus, good light, all that business. I've watched you all help bring your photos up to snuff, so I know you can do this!
• Game-plausible scenarios, not just a robot standing around looking badass. Set up a little situation with a piece of cover that's getting blasted away, or running from one tree to another, or going down as two Swarmers pull the joints apart. Be creative!
* Simple composition. White backgrounds, a handful of mobile frames at most.
* All special effects are built out of LEGO! It's fine to clean up your photos with a photo editor or something, but any laser blasts or rocket smoke or whatever should be actually built. It's fine if you want to use non-LEGO stuff, but make sure it's real stuff!
* NO designs based on Soren's designs. No Chubs, Ospreys, Suzerains, Scramblers, Hi-Legs, or Commissars. The reason I'm doing this is to remove as much of his intellectual property from the game as possible at his request.
* A link to your favorite place to show off your frame designs! Your Flickr account, a Mobile Frame Hangar thread, your Facebook page, whatever. It doesn't have to be just frames. It's just where you want to point someone who likes your build.
You can look at the pictures at http://mobileframezero.com/ to see the kind of thing I'm thinking of, except that everything there (aside from Vincent's barrel-chested guys) is, or is closely based on, one of Soren's designs. You will, of course, get full credit. That's what the link is for! And if you've been thinking about selling some of your frames, you might want to point to that!(edited)
3:49 PM
Additionally, please pay close attention to the rules for making (and publishing) your stuff on page 215! In short, I won't use Fascist imagery, like 40k. If you have questions and I don't get right back to you, please @ me to make sure I see your question as soon as I can!

So get out your prettiest Frames, take neat pictures, and send them to Joshua!

No comments:

Post a Comment