Friday, May 29, 2020

Purity: Crystal Block Postscript

After reviewing all eight sets in this series I figured I should have a little more to say beyond the reviews.  These are good sets, mostly.  I think that the cost of using translucent bricks drives up the price.  There's also a mecha you can create using all eight sets but I don't feel like disassembling the "Robot" to give it a try.

I disassembled all the things I built for the reviews -- besides the Robot -- and dumped out the parts to see what I could build instead of the oversized mecha.  This is what I came up with.


Two Frames, Two Stations, and a Battle Car.  I also have an idea for a Frame I'm already calling a "Ghost Spider".

I also made some modifications to the Robot build and turned it into a Soldier loadout with color coded Attachments.


I'll probably assemble a squad of these at some point, after I refine the Attachments a bit.

What I Think are the Useful Parts from each Set:
Boat -- Taps, Clip Plate, Bar Brick, Bricks w/Stud on 1 Side.
Helicopter -- Ball Joint Plates.
Ambulance -- Mudguard Plate, Brackets.
Plane -- Bricks w/Studs on 2 Sides.
Crane -- Ball Joint Plates, Lampholders, Clip Tile.
Police Car -- Ball Joint Plates, Bracket.
Fire Truck -- Mudguard Plate, Bricks w/Studs on 2 Sides.


No comments:

Post a Comment