Friday, June 26, 2020

Build Journal: STMP-A & Technic Scrambler

For the final new piece of the week, we're looking at a piece that actually dates back to 2019 but hasn't seen much use as it was first available in Lego Spike sets -- the 1x3x3 Pin Connector Block.  I've been interested in this piece since New Elementary introduced it in April of 2019.  I initially tried to make a centaur mech but that wasn't flowing for me. I then switched back to something more tank-like.  This reminded me of my old Stevens Technology frames so I went with that as a designation.















The set-up is pretty simple but as a "Budget Frame" we're not looking for a ton of super fiddly bits anyway.  I put 2Rd & 1B Attachments on it to get some idea of what it would look like kitted out.  I might just reignite the Budget Frame Wars.


And then I had another idea while I was sorting some Technic parts.  It came together fairly quick.  The main parts are Black and Dark Bley.  Attachments are Light Bley and Transparent colors.  Stats are 2Rd/2B/2W.



Size comparisons for posterity.








I've just scratched the surface with this piece and I can't wait to experiment with the other colors that are available.

No comments:

Post a Comment