Monday, March 8, 2021

[Guest Post] Purity: Sluban M38-B0597D Builder F1 Racer Review

It has been over a year since I've hosted a guest post and Francisco Duarte has graciously sent me several reviews to post on my blog.  So I'm going to sit back for the week and let Mr. Duarte share his thoughts.

A review by Francisco Duarte. This is the first box of a bunch of Sluban sets I acquired during a post-Christmas sale in the town where I live (in Portugal). Sluban sets are relatively easy to find and always sport a good price per part. Because this was a sale, the price was exceptionally good. The total price was slightly above 5€. Being one of the most expensive sets, this one cost me 1.5€, so, a total of 0.03€ per each of 48 parts!

It was meant to make a race car. Evidently, I did something different.


Box.









Instructions.








Parts 1. Plates, mostly 4x2, and wheel parts.








Parts 2. More wheel parts, lights, 1x1 slopes and an engine cowl.







Parts 3. More slopes and wings.





Build.  Made a small frame, with a mortar,
a shield and a quad-leg system (RaBG).

Questions:
Can you build something -- a frame, station, or starship -- right away? Yes. (+5)
Is it below, at, or above the golden ratio? Below. (+5) (The Golden Ratio is $0.10 per part.)
If you can't build a frame right away, or choose not to, does it have parts you should be able to put into use right away? Yes. (+5)
Does it have more than a handful of immediately useful parts? Yes. (+5)
Score: +20 (A+). This is a great set, pretty much what Sluban has us used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment