Monday, October 25, 2021

Double Set Challenge: Blok Head City Builder

Five years ago I came up with an expansion for my Single Set Challenge, the Double Set Challenge.  It's nowhere near as popular -- I think I'm the only one who's tried it -- but I still like the idea.

So when the Blok Head City Builder set came along and I commented that it needed one more Ball Joint Plate to be awesome, I figured I'd take a shot at a Double Set Challenge with it.

Flickr page.

Granted, it does violate the first rule I set down, it has more than 50 pieces -- but I'm going ahead with it anyway.




First Build -- The Frame I wanted to build when I did the review
(2Rd [ventral gun] 2B [leg armor] 1G [motor stacks]).









Second Build -- Another Battle Cart Frame (1B [cockpit armor]
 1G+d8 [extra wheels/no ranged weapon] 2Y (sensor arms]).




Third Build -- A crappy little Station.

So from two sets at $8.00 total I managed two Frames and a
Station.  Six sets would get you six Frames and three Stations
-- for $24.00 -- which is a decent starting squad.  All you'd need
is something for SSRs and a Ruler and you'd be good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment