Friday, December 31, 2021

Yearly Look Back, 2021 Edition

It's time once again for another look back at the year that was.

I'm down 6 posts from last year, maintaining my "at least three posts per week" average for the ninth year running. I'm now estimating cracking 2,000 posts sometime around the second week of May of 2024.

The Central MA gaming group continued to meet this year. We managed five games together, after the COVID-19 lockdowns were ended.

I managed 111 reviews this year; 2 Mega Bloks, 3 non-building block, 7 Petit Blocks, 8 Make-It Bricks, 8 Zuru Max. 18 clone bricks, and 65 Lego. That comes out to an average of 9.25 per month. Which is a decrease of 0.5 review per month from 2020.

I did 9 Terrain Workshop posts, and 2 Cool Real World Locations posts, along with hosting 4 guest posts.  I did 5 War College posts this year.  I'd like to do more, I really enjoy talking about MFZ in that way.

I'm now over 990K views, which is roughly another 80K views since last year.  I will probably break1 million views in February 0f 2022.  Thank you to everyone for the continued readership. My Flickr stream is over 4.6 million views which I must thank everyone for as well.

I didn't attend any conventions this year.  No PAX East, No PAX Unplugged, no Armour Con, no meeting great MoF0s, no seeing old friends, or playing really fun games.  Not cool, but better safe than sorry.  I'd like to try and revisit the idea of the "Game Store Grand Tour" for 2022, maybe do some work on rebuilding relationships for the community.

Stay safe, see you next year. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for continuing to post. I wasn't able to get in any MFZ games this past year either (few games of any kind, in fact), but I'm glad to read about yours, and watch your set recommendations.

    ReplyDelete