Monday, November 7, 2022

Build Journal: Quadcast 3

In the first Quadcast Build Journal I created two types of Quadcast frame, regular and inverted.  As evidenced by my second Quadcast Build Journal I kept working on the inverted version.  I always liked the regular version but I didn't have enough of the Mod. Brick 1x2 w/Bar Handle on End to make more.  Then I stumbled into a source and started working on a new squad.

I made two minor-ish changes from the original version.  The first, small one was to change the color of the Jumpers used as feet to match the color of the Brick in the center of the chest.  This will make the individual units easier to tell apart in game photos.  The second, greater one was to change the construction of the head from a 1x3 Curved Slope to a 1x3 Inverted Arch topped by a Pyramid.  I feel like this gives it a lot more character and gets away from my "standard" head design.  It still retains the Translucent 1x1 Round Plate as the "eye"/sensor though.



Here's a picture of a single Frame in the "Military Tradeshow" layout with all the Systems.  Systems are all made from Dark Bley parts to differentiate them from the core build and are Color Tagged for reference.  The Defense and Movement systems are both split into paired units for visual and artistic balance even though it might be slightly confusing for gameplay.



Here's a picture of the assembled squad along with Stations and Single Shot Rockets.






Brickshelf gallery.  Flickr page.  I'm having fun with this Frame.  There's something about the vibe of these when the Systems are in place.  They feel kind of Gundam-esque with all the weapons, armor, and equipment hanging off them.

No comments:

Post a Comment