Friday, December 8, 2023

Battle Report: Road to Nowhere @ PAX Unplugged

Once again, a few people gathered at PAX Unplugged in Philadelphia to wage battle in miniature.  I wasn't sure it was going to happen so when Ed and Fuzzpacho showed up at the Glyphpress booth on Saturday I was happy and a little surprised.  This game was a Skirmish.

Fuzzpacho (4 Frames & 15 Systems) = (7 Points per Asset) * (6 assets) = 42 points.
   Grey Soldier -- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W +SSR.
   Tan Soldier -- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W + SSR.
   Blue Soldier -- 2B/1Gd8/2Y/2W + SSR.
   White Armored Spotter -- 1B/1d8/2Y/2W.

Ed (4 Frames & 16 Systems) = (6 Points per Asset) * (6 assets) = 36 points.
   Sniper (Red Anvil) -- 2Rd+d8/1B/1Y/2W.
   Thumper (White Artillerist) -- 2Ra+d8/2B/2W.
   Chopper (Blue Swarmer) -- 2Rh+d8/1B/1Gd8/1Y/2W +SSR(x2).
   Scope (Grey Squad Leader) -- 2Rd/1B/2Y/2W + SSR.

Me (5 Frames & 20 Systems) = (3 Points per Asset) * (7 assets) = 21 points.  (Invictus)
   Purple
 Soldier -- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W +SSR.
   Yellow Soldier -- 2Rd/1B/1G/1Y/2W + SSR.
   Brown Soldier -- 2B/1Gd8/2Y/2W + SSR.
   Orange Delegator
 -- 2Ra/1B/2Y/2W.
   Blue Brawler -- 2Rh+d8/2B/1Gd8/2W.

This is what the table looked like at the start of the game.

















Events of Round 1 (DDC@11):  Fuzzpacho's Tan frame captures Ed's Sand Green Station before the game starts.  Fuzzpacho's Blue frame hits the tree in front of my Purple frame for 1.  My Brown frame hits Fuzzpacho's Tan frame for 2.  (I got distracted and forgot to take pictures at the end of this round.)

Fuzzpacho: 49 Points.
Ed: 30 points.
Me: 21 points.

Events of Round 2 (DDC @ 8): Fuzzpacho's Tan frame hits my Blue frame for 2.  My Blue frame then captures one of Fuzzpacho's Stations.  Ed's Grey frame recaptures his Sand Green Station, then hits the tree in front of my Blue frame for 1, and my Blue frame for 1, Station Dance.  My Yellow frame hits the tree in front of Ed's Grey frame for 1.  Ed's White frame hits my Blue frame for 4, destroying it.  My Purple frame hits Fuzzpacho's Blue frame for 1.  Ed's Blue frame hits the tree in front of Fuzzpacho's Tan frame for 1 with a SSR.  Fuzzpacho's Grey frame hits Ed's Grey frame for 2, and Ed's Blue frame for 2 -- Ed's Grey frame was the Target.  Ed's Red frame hits Fuzzpacho's Grey frame for 1.  My Brown frame hits the tree in front of Ed's Grey frame for 1, destroying it, and Ed's Grey frame for 3.


Ed: 36 points.
Fuzzpacho: 35 Points.
Me: 21 points.




Events of Round 3 (DDC @ 4): My Yellow frame runs across the road and captures Ed's Sand Green Station.  Ed's White frame moves down the road and hits Fuzzpacho's Grey frame for 2.  Fuzzpacho's Tan frame hits Ed's Blue frame for 3.  My Purple frame moves across the road, next to Fuzzpacho's Station, and hits Ed's Blue frame for 2, destroying it.  My Orange frame moves next to my Station and hits Ed's White frame for 1.  Ed's Red frame moves into cover behind a medium size tree and hits Fuzzpacho's Grey frame for 3, destroying it.  My Brown frame moves off the road and towards Fuzzpacho's second Station then hits the tree Fuzzpacho's White frame is in for 1.  The Doomsday Clock is ticked to zero.


Fuzzpacho: 28 Points.
Me: 24 points.
Ed: 18 points.












Here are several aftermath pictures.


































Thoughts & Observations:
  • This was a Skirmish.
  • This was Fuzzpacho's first game.
  • We had another case of Accidental Defender.
  • I think that's the quietest first round I can recall.
  • Although the second round seems to make up for it.
  • We had a fair amount of people asking questions about the game.
  • If my math is right, this was my 81st game of MFZ: Rapid Attack.
  • If you look at the last picture on the lower left and the picture I used for the Flickr page you can see how things moved from start to finish.
  • Flickr page.

No comments:

Post a Comment