Friday, July 19, 2024

Review: Blokko SX5019-6 City Traffic 3-in-1 Egg

I found these in my local Stop & Shop a while back after locating some Lego polybags I've already reviewed.  It was in the Seasonal section but I'm not sure if it was a late Easter placement or meant for some sort of post-Easter holiday.  I've seen other Blokko sets around but this is the first time I've had the chance to review a group of them.


Box.  I paid $2.99 for a $0.07 Price per Piece.

Other side.










Instructions.














Parts.  Plates, Wedge Plates, Corner Plates, Jumper, Grille Tiles, Studless
Slopes, Tiles, Axle Plate, Translucent Inverted Round Tile, Curved Slope
w/Lip, Wheels, Round Plates, Translucent Round Plates, Translucent
Cheese Slopes, Pin, Propeller, Brick w/Pinhole, and Brick.
  

Build.  IO Frigate.
 
The Questions:
Can you build something -- a frame, station, or starship -- right away?  Yes.  (+5)
Is it below, at, or above the golden ratio?  Below.  (+5)  
(The Golden Ratio is $0.10 per part.)
If you can't build a frame right away, or choose not to, does it have parts you should be able to put into use right away?  Yes.  (+5)
Does it have more than a handful of immediately useful parts?  No.  (-5)
Score: +10 (A-).  Another good set.  I'm a little sad I didn't buy more of these.  I like the Light Lime and Medium Azure parts and they were fairly inexpensive.  There's nothing groundbreaking about this line, I just find the parts useful as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment