Monday, July 29, 2024

Terrain Workshop: Trees 24

This time our build is based on an item that exists in the real world.  Someone I know went to Germany back in the Spring and posted several pictures from their trip.  One of them was a selfie in a very posh garden in front of a severely manicured tree.  Like this one from Wikimedia.  My comment was, "I can build that out of Lego!"  And so I did.


From the top it starts with a 2x2x2 Cone, into a Cone 3x3x2, a Friction Pin connects those to a 2L Pin Connector w/Slot, which sits on a Large Jumper, on top of a 2x2 Brick.  This adds up to 1 Hit, and is 21 feet tall in 6P scale.  You could probably use this in a park or a "high class" garden, as I mentioned the original comes from in the intro paragraph.


It's a simple and straightforward build.  The only issue might be the 3x3x2 Cone which only exists in six sets.  Although one of them is a current polybag so that makes things slightly easier.  I hope this gives people ideas or techniques to use in their terrain builds.  Flickr Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment