Monday, September 14, 2026

Terrain Workshop: Balloon Tree

I know I have a terrain feature in my Alien Planet table-setting with the same name.  This one is made of different pieces and is a lot smaller.  Also, I realize this build is somewhat silly but sometimes you have to throw things against the wall to see what sticks.




This one starts at the top with a 3x3x1.3 Dome on top of an inverted 3x3x3 Cone.
They are connected with a Friction Pin.  The Cone is slotted onto a 6L Bar w/Stop Ring.
That is plugged into two 1x1 Round Plates w/Open Stud.  This is a total of six
pieces which is 1 Hit.  They are 27 feet tall and 7.5 feet across in 6P scale.




Right now I only have the two main pieces in Yellowish Green.
I happen to like that color but, there are only two other colors
that these pieces share -- Black and Orange.  So there isn't a
heck of a lot of variety to be found in this build at the moment.
Yellowish Green is nicely weird though and should fit into a
science fiction themed battlefield pretty well.  I hope this
gives people ideas or techniques to use in their terrain builds.

No comments:

Post a Comment