Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Purity 3: TMOH (Part 2)

As I mentioned previously I built a Chub from Kre-O and Lego parts.  I did this the day after I built the "hybrid" Crab Mech.


I used +David Bradford's set up for the hips on this one as I don't have enough Taps in Light Bley.  I think it turned out pretty well.


Here is a picture showing what Lego pieces I used.  If I pick up another Transformers set, I can replace the chest piece and the piece the head clips to with Kre-O.


Now I was tired and hungry after class that night so it seemed as if the I had to fight to get the Kre-O parts in place.  After a couple of days, a clear head and full stomach, I think I'm going to have to agree with +Malcolm Craig that Kre-O parts just don't have the same clutch as Lego parts.  Even though they say they're compatible.

If you look closely at the clips holding the legs to the hips you can see the difference in diameters between the two company's parts.


I broke two Clip Tiles because the pieces I'm using as swords were just slightly too large and did damage over time.


Here's the rest of the pictures in the Brickshelf gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment